Jun 9, 2013


Here are some pictures of Claire's birthday I didn't post.
Her birthday was really fun.  I let her play with some stickers and this is what happened.  Anyways...


 one...
  two...
 three...


A few weeks ago we went camping.
I would consider it a complete success.  I had reserved a place nearby, maybe 10 minutes from our house.  I figured if we decided to bail then at least we wouldn't have to go far.  The weather had been nice all week long but it was predicted to rain.  I had reserved a camping spot that was somewhat secluded from the rest of the campground.  When we pulled up though, we realized there was a steep drop off into the river right behind the fire pit.  Obviously a perfect spot to stay with two little kids.  There was a lot of  "DO NOT GO OVER THERE" when we got out of the car and luckily there weren't any problems. Jack enjoyed the "hiking" which consisted of going about 100 feet away from camp looking for wood.  Next time we'll plan for a better hike when it's not so slick.


The sleeping was a little tricky-all of us slept together in a big sleeping bag on our queen sized blow up mattress.  Jack did really well, Claire on the other hand would freak out every time I put her next to Jack (in the middle).  I guess he has cooties or something.  We were all warm and we got to listen to the rain and river while we slept.

We did it-with two toddlers none the less.  Even though we were home by 7:30 am I will still rule it a success.  Nobody got hurt, I didn't want to pull my hair out, we had fun and we slept relatively well for camping.  See a success.  Next time we go we will remember the hatchet, shovel and some ear plugs for Kyle.

 About the extent of hiking.  Our campsite is about ten feet behind me.






 You can kinda see the drop off in this picture.  There's Kyle and then a larger log and then the middle of the river, if that makes sense.



The AWESOME fire Kyle built.


 Kyle and Jack participating in some stick/sword fighting.


Kyle had a leftover Macbook he decided to give to Jack for his first computer.  This computer is crazy bare bones, the battery doesn't work and we used a left over piece of plastic to cover the screen because there was no screen cover.  Jack loves it! He played on starfall.com pretty much all night.  Our pediatrician recommended it for us.  It's a nice website that works on letters and colors and probably numbers but we really only do letters.  Jack went through the alphabet to S before he had to go to bed.  He also got to talk to his grandma on it which he LOVED. 

Jack also got to give a talk today.  It was his first talk.  He's done a scripture and a prayer in primary and now he's done his talk.  It was about the Liahona and the Holy Ghost.  As with most children, Jack enjoyed talking into the microphone and he has been blessed with my volume so I'm pretty sure EVERYONE heard Jack's talk.  I love this kid though-he is so much fun.

Claire is talking a ton.  She absolutely loves running.  She also prefers walking to being held which is great for my arms.  Springville put in a splash pad not far from our house so we walk there and she loves to look at the statues (Springville LOVES putting bronze statues everywhere...) and splashing.  She likes reading books but they have to be short or she will just try and find another book.  I think I am most impressed with her coloring lately.  She tries to stay in the lines and she just absolutely loves drawing and coloring-sometimes too much.  Luckily the Magic Eraser was invented and so we don't have anything permanently ruined.

Kyle and I are coming up on six years.  Today a couple spoke in church that had been married for a month.  I remember being married a month and seeing couples with kids thinking they had been together for SO LONG.  Now we are approaching that and it doesn't seem that long.  I wonder if it's always gonna feel like we just got married.  Only time will tell I suppose.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thanks for posting! I love reading little updates about your family. It is crazy how much your kids have grown!