May 16, 2013

I'm a lazy beast!  I keep thinking I should post on the blog and then never do because it's been so long anyways.  Well, let's just start with recent happenings.  First-Jack had his eye surgery.  He did really well besides not wanting to wear the pajamas the hospital offered.  His eyes were and are still really red.  The doctor said that would just take time to go away-like a few months.  Anywhoo-the surgery straightened his eyes so he still needs to wear glasses.  I read the only affect it would have on vision is maybe depth perception.  We are patching with a Bangerter Foil which I guess helps his eyes to work together now.

Kyle and I did the Komen 5k.  It was pretty fun.  We raced at the end and sadly my sprinting cannot compare to Kyle's.  It was fun and my sister came to take care of Claire while we ran.  Jack rode in a running stroller that Kyle pushed.  It was a nice little run and there was a LOT of pink.  We enjoyed the vendors at the end too.  I think Jack had a blast because we rode the TRAX (commuter train) to the race and back AND we got free ice cream sandwiches.  When we got off of the train a man told us we lost a sock on the platform.  Claire was sitting in a stroller on the train and when she sits, she takes off her shoes and socks.  Sure enough, she had done it again and had thrown her sock off when we exited the train.  Her shoe on the other hand was nowhere to be found.  I was super bummed as I watch the train pull away because I was sure her one shoe was on the train.  So I took off her other shoe and decided to just throw it away in a trash can on the platform because we obviously didn't need it anymore.  Then, as we were walking to the car, I saw her little shoe in the basket of the stroller Jack was in.  DAH! I had to run back to the platform and pull the shoe I threw away out of the trash :P I was happy to have them both back because they are cute.

Yesterday I got to see one of my best friends.  We met at the splash pad here in Springville, she has a little boy.  It was nice to chat, even with kids competing for our attention.  It's been almost two years since we last saw each other.  She lives in Indiana now but luckily her husband is from Orem so they visit in-laws every now and again.  I saw a quote on facebook the other day...you know those printables or pictures that are of the sunset or all vintage-y that said  "A true friend is the one you can go months without talking to and when you reconnect nothing has changed."  I guess it's true.

 Super capes!

 Waiting for daddy at the train station (Frontrunner)
 Claire's birthday cake
 Claire got sidewalk chalk for her birthday
 Jack after surgery



No comments: