About two weeks ago the whole family went in to get our eyes checked. It had been a while for Kyle and for me (about twelve years) and Jack needed to get a check up for his eye turning. We went to a different doctor for than last time because they were open on Saturdays. It's the doctor Kyle had seen last. Anyways...turns out Jack is most likely going to need surgery. I was a but surprised when they told us but not blown away. They set up an appointment for a consultation with a surgeon in Orem. I took Jack the next week and he did so great with all the exams and the eye drops and the waiting. He was awesome. The surgeon told us to start patching his good eye for four to six hours a day for four to six weeks. So that's where we are at. I made a chart for him to track his progress, we color in a row for each hour he wears it. When he gets to the top he said he wanted a cake. I guess I'll have to make a somewhat healthy and small cake for him so he can enjoy his good work.
I also started looking into eye patches. I wanted some with really cute prints but they were crazy expensive and then I saw that they made reusable ones. Well, you know me - if it can be sewn I will try it. So I made him an eye patch that he's pretty good at wearing. His face was starting to get chapped from the sticky patches so I think he likes this other option as well. I also don't feel like I'm wasting money every time I catch him peeking. I just regret buy two boxes of the disposables because we haven't even finished one box. Jack's getting pretty good with he patch and hopefully we'll be able to do six hours in a few weeks. We go back to the surgeon in April for another check up and we'll see where it goes from there. Today Jack got his new glasses. He likes them a lot and they have a flexible middle so hopefully they won't break as easily. :)
Claire's little personality is coming out and I love it. Her birthday is an two months and I cannot believe she will be two. It's exciting to watch her grow up. She likes to help me unload the dishwasher and claps her hands and says "yay!" anytime she puts something away. She also likes to help me load the dishwasher by pulling dishes out of the cupboard and putting them in the dishwasher. This also causes her to say "yay!" with each dish. Today I caught her singing the clean up song in her room as she pulled clothes from her dresser and put them in the laundry hamper. This is the third time I've noticed her doing this. She cracks me up! Claire likes to sing and she LOVES LOVES LOVES Dora the Explorer. She will sing the beginning of it. One night I heard her singing Bob the Builder's theme song in her crib. She loves to sing so much. She does Head Shoulders Knees and Toes along with Book of Mormon Stories. This age is so fun because they just learn in leaps and bounds.










No comments:
Post a Comment