Oct 12, 2012




So October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  I think this year it is more personal for me because my mother-in-law is fighting breast cancer.  I'll admit that I've been a little scared.  Jack and Claire love their grandma and I know I am blessed to be close to her as well (not all in-law relationships are like that.)  But she has been very blessed, we all have; and things are going very much in her favor.  For me personally, I am so glad she has family that is looking after her and taking care of her and friends that are joining together to support her.  They are the ones that will answer our prayers since we can only do so much living out west.  

October General Conference came and went.  I loved it. I got to watch all the sessions and the kids were particularly well behaved thank goodness.  I especially like Elder Cook's talk and Elder Oaks' talk which were both in the first session.   I'm glad I was able to enjoy it with my family.

October is also a birthday month for us.  Kyle's birthday is next week and he will 29 years old.  Then Jack's third birthday will be at the end of the month.  I'm pretty excited about Jack's.  He is such a sweetie pie.  I cannot believe how much he has grown in three years.  I am so amazed when I watch children.  To think these little babies learn to roll, sit, crawl, walk, climb, talk, sing, jump, all within a few short years.  No wonder they sleep so much. I'm hoping Jack will be able to master pedaling on his tricycle this year.  He's making friends and it just cracks me up how social he is.  Whenever we go to the park or to the library, as soon as he sees kids he yells (even in the library), "HI GUYS!  IT'S ME, JACK!"  I love it.  He will start Sunbeams in January too.  I hope that goes well because Kyle and I are primary teachers and I'm worried he will want to be with us rather than his class.  But maybe he'll be too cool for that and want to hang out with his friends lol.

Speaking of church, Claire gets to start Nursery the Sunday after Jack turns three.  That should be really fun for them to be in the nursery together for a few months.  At least I hope it's fun-Jack's pretty good to Claire when other people are watching.... Kyle and I are pretty excited about that because we have had to take Claire to our primary class with us.  She's not bad or anything it's just the kids love her and she loves to play with them so it gets a little difficult to teach.  I think Claire will enjoy playing with kids close to her age too. She LOVES babies-LOVES THEM.  It's really cute but I have to watch her rather closely cuz she likes to cuddle up and give kisses and it's a bit much for the kids when they can't even sit up.  I truly feel blessed to have these children and I'm glad Heavenly Father sent them to our home.  I have learned so much about myself and about our Heavenly Father in the short three years I have been a mother.

We got our family pics back yesterday.  They were taken for my parents' anniversary 35th or 36th or something like that....  I love these pictures so much.  All photography was done by Brittney Warburton, I'll put her email address at the bottom of the page.  I'm really happy with these and she did a great job getting the adults to stand normally while she got the kids to smile.  Taking family photos with children is KER-azy, so enjoy :)


 Photography by Brittney Warburton
 Photography by Brittney Warburton
 Photography by Brittney Warburton
 Photography by Brittney Warburton
 Photography by Brittney Warburton
 Photography by Brittney Warburton
 Photography by Brittney Warburton
 Photography by Brittney Warburton
Photography by Brittney Warburton
sethandbrittney@gmail.com

2 comments:

Bryan and Natalie said...

I love Jack's expression in the photo with the four of you. It's super cute.

anneski said...

love the family photos you look lovely

ila