Jun 28, 2012

So since I wrote that last post, in fact the DAY I wrote that post, Claire started rolling over.  Well it's kinda like the you-never-know-how-good-it-is-until-its-gone.  Now she rolls ALL the time and it is difficult to change her diaper and she HAS to sleep in her crib and I get all worried about her on the changing table.  The plus side is she is a bit less fussy cuz she can get up when she falls over, but I only say a bit because she still is pretty fussy/whiney.

About a week ago we went up to my parents' house.  It was a bit crazy up there because they (or should I say my brother) are doing a lot of remodeling inside.  It looks great though and I'm really impressed with my brother's carpentry skills... and computer hacking skill and sweet bow staff skills... but fur reals the stuff he's done looks really good.  It was father's day weekend and it was pretty much awesome.  Wait wait wait, I have to start from the beginning.  I decided I wanted to celebrate our 5th Anniversary big time.  That's right folks, FIVE YEARS-sheesh that seems like a long time but sooooo is not.  So I talked to my mom and decided I would splurge on an overnight stay at a hotel and my parents would watch our kids.  I told Kyle we needed to see my family because it had been FOREVER since we had been to Boise.  When he was on board with going to Boise, I had my mom book the room (so Kyle wouldn't see it in our account).  I told Kyle he needed to get Friday off but he wasn't comfortable taking off a whole day soooo, I secretly emailed his boss and told him what was up and then asked for the time off for Kyle.  He was totally on board with it-Kyle has a really great boss.  So everything is set to go.  I decide I'm going to "kidnap" Kyle on Thursday night when I pick him up from work.  I lied and told him I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday so I could have the car and get it all packed and ready for the trip.  I had one hiccup in the plan and that was on Wednesday night.  Kyle mentioned he was going to ask a coworker if they could switch shifts so Kyle could open for him on Friday and get some extra hours in before we left.  (Kyle was going to work a half day on Friday).  Luckily for me Kyle said his coworkers name so on Thursday morning after I dropped off Kyle I immediately called into his work and talked to the guy telling him the plan and that Kyle was not going to be there to switch shifts.  They guy went along with it so Kyle was none the wiser, he he he.  When I picked him up that afternoon I told him I was going to drive and we had to make a few stops before going home.  Kyle was getting nervous, prolly cuz I was driving, and I have the hardest time keeping surprises so shortly after we left BYU campus I asked Jack to tell Kyle what we were doing.  Jackson's reply "TRUCK! GRAMMY!"  Translation: Trip to Grandma's.  I told Kyle he didn't have to go to work tomorrow and I had gotten him time off and all that.   We switched seats and Kyle drove the rest of the way to Boise.  I was so pleased with myself and Kyle was especially happy I had remembered to check the oil in car ;)

So in Boise my parent's treated us to a date night at the Cheesecake Factory and then we stayed at the Oxford Suite Hotel.  I was kinda bummed that we didn't get a view of the temple at first but the temple right now it is under construction so the lights aren't on or anything.  The Oxford Suite is a really nice place, I would highly suggest it if you are travelling and they have one.  The next day we picked up the kids from my parent's house and took them swimming at the hotel pool.  They loved it.  It was a nice trip and a fun way to celebrate our 5th anniversary.

Jack's vocabulary is HUGE, it is so adorable to listen to him talk.  He and Claire are started to get along a bit better but I suppose there will always be arguments between them growing up.  This morning Kyle could hear them in their room.  Claire was saying "dadadadada" and Jack was correcting her  "Daddy."  It's good to know he's trying to help her out.

 Playing in a tunnel

 Claire likes to wear my purse
 At the Park



No comments: