Jul 16, 2012

Oh sweet Jackson.  I love this kid but he drives me insane at church.  I'm not kidding-he does.  We have to go out ALL the TIME.  Well maybe it just feels like all the time because not only do I walk him out, I take Claire out for diaper changes so between the two of them, I'm in and out ALL the TIME.  We have tried to do a Family Home Evening on reverence but couldn't get Jack to sit and listen.  I remember cuz I tried to read this whole story about a rever "ant".  I think we're going to need to do a few more though.  After perusing the blogospher (can I just say I am SOOOO thankful for the Internet. I don't know how my parent's made it through college without the internet or a PC) I noticed there were two things that all the parents agreed on.
     1. Make Sacrament meeting more enjoyable than the hall, foyer, etc.
     2. PRACTICE AT HOME.
One other one was to not let your child on the floor, they must stay in your lap or on the bench/seat.  I remember my mother in law mentioning that once and I thought it was a bit extreme but I might start to implement it because Jack likes to crawl under the pews.  The only problem I foresee though is if we sit in the back in the folding chairs.  Those are kinda big for little kids and I worry often that he will fall out the back.  I think I will still try it though.  This is really getting out of hand and while it may not necessarily bother the other ward members, it's driving me batty and I would like to get a handle on things.  I love this boy so he needs to learn how to be reverent in church (2-3 year old reverent of course).


We seem to be having a lot of stuff going on but nothing at all, all at the same time.  I am starting to feel a little bit of stress with our upcoming vacation.  I think it will be great fun but I've come to realize that vacations aren't really vacations for parents.  When Kyle and I went up to Boise I remember feeling a sigh of relief going over to my brother and sister's house because their little girl is about Claire's age and EVERYTHING was baby proofed.  Ahhhh.....it was bliss.


Claire is now standing on her own.  She will cruise around furniture too.  I really think she's just nervous and who wouldn't be with a big brother screaming and spinning in circles etc.  Just tonight Jack was spinning and fell and smacked Claire right in the cheek with his train.  It was bruising and I wanna see if it gets any worse over night.  Poor little girl-she's gonna be a tough kid I'm sure.  I do love how she doesn't care about getting dirty.  I don't know if Jack has always cared about getting dirty, I think he has a little bit, but Claire will sit in the dirt and play and play and play.  She could not care less.  I love it.  She has also started to fold her arms when we get ready to say prayers, she mimics a lot of the things I do.  She likes to put on hats and sunglasses and she will grab my purse and crawl around with it over her arm.  This little girl will LOVE playing dress up, I can already see it.  She even tried to put on one of my shoes.  She will try to put on her bloomers if she finds them and she will drape shirts or pants or anything long and fabric around her neck like a scarf.  She loves necklaces and beads, it's just in her nature I guess cuz I'm not one to get gussied up much.  She also has two bottom teeth and two top teeth now.  Tonight she kept sticking her tongue out and rubbing it against her top teeth.  I cannot believe how much she is growing up.  She sure is fun though.

 The little Miss

  Spanish Fork Splash Pad














woops, sorry Kyle but Claire is SOO cute.



better much better.







No comments: