So yesterday was just ONE OF THOSE DAYS. I wanted to be productive so we got an early start. I watered my garden (fingers crossed we get some plants growing soon) and hung up the diapers to dry outside. Then we took Kyle's pants to the dry cleaners. While out, I thought-Hey, I have some books I need to pick up at the library and it's only three blocks away!-so we headed to the library. Well, we show up at the library and it's still closed cuz it opens at 10am and we were there at 9:50am. SHOOT! I figure ten minutes isn't too bad and hope Jack can wait cuz I know he's gotta go potty. My mistake. There is a fountain outside the library and it trickles water down this little stream. Jack likes to play in said fountain and well, the sound of running water didn't help our situation much at all. I didn't bring any change of clothes for him so we had to walk home, Jack kinda waddled because of his wet pants.
Now Jack likes to look around A LOT when we go on walks, which isn't a bad thing. However, it can be frustrating when you want to go somewhere quickly. Usually if that's the case I just pick him up and carry him but because of his wet situation I wasn't going to do that. I convinced him to hurry by promising him juice and Elmo's World. Well the juice was a bad idea because it really loosened everything up and I mean EVERYTHING. We had three poopy accidents, one was right after I had cleaned him up and he didn't even have any underwear on! Ugh, yuck. So thankfully I still have my sister's carpet cleaner and I cleaned the carpet in their room. Then he wanted to sit when peeing and totally sprayed out of the toilet and onto my foot. So I had to spray down the bathroom and get that all cleaned up. I just decided to put him in diapers for the rest of the day - sorry Bud - because it was just too much to handle. Not only did I have to wash the bathroom and the carpets I had to wash his bedding TWICE because he pretty much drowned himself during nap time. Yesterday was just one of those days.
And another thought-I'm watching Good Things Utah, they just had a segment on how to save money on diapers and wipes and formula. The expert suggested that if they can find diapers that are 13 cents per diaper then they should buy as many as they can afford. Well seriously people, why not cloth diaper if you are trying to save money? I think the thing that is probably most appealing is that cloth diapers have a RESALE value. People re-sell diapers ALL THE TIME so instead of throwing 13 cents away every time you change your baby, why not use cloth and lessen the impact on your pocket book and the environment. Ahhhh I just advocated it for the environment. But seriously, I think if you are going to have a baby or have a baby, it's worth seriously looking into.
From Mint.com
Cost of Cloth
Cloth vs Disposable Calculator
No comments:
Post a Comment