May 9, 2012

Do you wear your babies?  I read a lot of crunchy blogs and they have a ton about baby wearing, natural and attachment parenting and cloth diapers... Anywhoo, while I don't feel "crunchy," I do cloth diaper (duh) and I wear my baby Claire.  I think it's great and all that they feel close and all that stuff but I find it really helps with my sanity.  When I was pregnant with Claire, I bought a -um- leash for Jack.  I know, I just cringed too.  I don't have a problem with people using those with the kids though, I guess I should call it a safety harness.  Well Jack didn't mind wearing it, in fact, he loved wearing it but when I picked up the leash part he would run in one direction and then let it swing him to the side.  It was a constant thing and we never got anywhere.  Needless to say, it was put away (thank goodness it was only four bucks).  After  Claire was born I decided to start wearing wraps pretty much constantly because I could have her tethered to my body while I chased around my 18 month old.  This is why I.Love.Baby.Wearing.  It is nice to be able to strap Claire to my back and go for walks with Jack.  My arms don't get tired, I can keep up with him and Claire can enjoy the beautiful scenery too.  I don't have to worry about pushing a stroller and keep track of Jack or pushing a stroller and trying to keep Jack in it.  PLUS, with his recent potty training it's nice to be able to take Claire with me while I bring Jack into the bathroom.  Claire is a very cuddly baby and she loves, nay, NEEDS to be held almost constantly to be happy.  A while back I made a Mei Tai which I never posted pictures of.  It's a nice big one but it's also super padded and warm.  This summer we are gonna be in some hot weather so I figured I ought to make a Mei Tai that was better suited for the warm weather.  I was inspired by these :  Obimama  .  I have never actually seen one up close, I just looked at the pics and got an idea so I don't know if it's anything like the Obimama's but it's as close as I could get.  Here are some pics:






 I decided to organize the kid's playroom. One of my friends gave us an old Playskool kitchen, it's small, but we needed a place to put it so I redid the playroom.  I felt bad for my upstairs neighbors cuz I was hammering the nails into the wood and it was pretty stinkin' loud but it went fast.  Oh the joys of living in apartments.












Jack and Claire are doing awesome as always.  Jack likes to be a "teeth rex!" and he roars so loud.  It's pretty adorable.  Claire is starting to pull herself up but she's still a bit nervous about it.  I love these kids.  I am so thankful to be their mom.  Oh and today is Jack's first dental appointment.  Hopefully he doesn't hate me all day :s


No comments: