Jul 13, 2011

The Track

One of our first adventures was to The Track. At first I thought it was some horse race thing but after being reminded a few times, it's a little amusement park. They have go-karts, an arcade, bumper boats and a little place for kids to ride on the rides.
Jackson got to ride a few rides. He didn't crack a smile once while on them either. I love my son! He just cracks me up. He rode on a plane with his cousin Cambria. He also rode on a train, a Ferris wheel and those twirly swing thingamajigs.

planes are in his blood you know



Sleeping babies


Kyle and I did the go-Karts a few times with Kyle's brothers and sisters. We also did the bumper boats and I opted out of the bumper cars to watch the babies. I think the most thrilling part was probably the bungee jumping and the Sky Flyer.

They have a 65 foot bungee jump which I decided to try. Kyle had done it before as had his brother and our brother in law who decided to go again. Kyle went first and I was up to go second. Now, I'm not afraid of heights but when I was standing on the edge of the platform I could barely move. It took Kyle maybe three seconds to jump. It took me about five minutes. The conversation up there was mostly me apologizing to everyone for taking so long, my brother in law, Steven telling me to take my time and Kyle's brother, Travis saying 1-2-3-JUMP! over and over. They were great sports though and I didn't feel pressured or anything. It was the scariest thing I have ever done and my throat hurt the rest of the day from screaming. I don't think I'll ever do it again-it's not really my cup of tea.
My sister in law took some video and I'll get that posted later hopefully.

The Sky Flyer is a big swing. They pull you up high and someone pulls the cord and you go flying through the air. I did that with Kyle and I made him pull the cord. I much preferred that to the bungee jump. I'd take thrilling rides with my husband over solo rides any day.


No comments: