Jul 13, 2011

TENNESSEE

We're back from vacation. Boy was it fun! It started out with Claire's blessing on July 3rd. Everything went well and we were happy to share time with our family. Claire is so beautiful, I love her so much.




We stayed the night at Kyle's sister's house and then headed to the airport in the morning. It was a pretty rough night and I was really worried for Jack. He had come down with a fever and was not a happy boy for a few days before. The doctor gave us some children's Advil and it seemed to help. It's hard when your kids are sick and you really can't do anything except hold them.

It was fun to fly out with Jill's family. There were lots of snacks and we weren't the only family with kids on the plane which was nice. Jack fell asleep towards the last little bit of our flight. We flew into Atlanta and then took a smaller plane to Knoxville. Halfway through the last flight they told us they had to land in Chattanooga because of a storm in Knoxville. We were glad to finally land but holy cow it was HUMID. The first night we did fireworks because it was the Fourth of July.


They usually light a torch to do the fireworks and eventually end up throwing the fireworks on the torch.


Throughout the rest of the week you could hear a firecracker go off when someone would find left overs in the driveway and set them off. It seems whether we are there for the Fourth of July or Christmas, we always have fireworks at the house.

Jackson likes to give kisses to babies and cousin Cambria was so excited to see them again.

I'll do more posts on our vacation because we did a lot. It was nice to see our family and Jack had an AMAZING time. The kids got to spend lots of time with grandma Brown and Jack got to go to Splash Country which he enjoyed thoroughly.



After coming home I did make out a list in my head.
Reasons I love the West:
1. I can get from my house to my car without getting eaten alive by mosquitoes.
2. When it's hot, it's dry.
3. I'm not in a constant state of sticky-ness
4. It's pretty quiet outside (At Kyle's house, the bugs are so loud outside it sounds like the Smoke Monster from Lost)
5. The mountains.

1 comment:

Fab Five said...

I love the west for all those same reasons! Claire's blessing dress was beautiful!!!