May 25, 2011

On Sunday we celebrated Kyle's mom's birthday. It was a lot of fun and I think it was because there were so many grandkids together. I loved watching my son Jack play with his cousin Jordan. I can't wait for my nephew Eli and Claire to get older so they can play together. It was the first time my new family felt just like the family I grew up in and I loved it. I remember running around with my cousins when we visited my grandparents and it was so fabulous. Now I get to watch my children do that.



Claire is getting big. Her belly button hadn't come off by four weeks so I took her into the doctor's office to get it removed. They weighed her and she was 10lbs. She had gained two pounds from her two week appointment. I was very proud of my little girl. I'm excited to see her skinny legs plump up. She's doing awesome with her tummy time and she's getting pretty vocal. I love her sweet coos.



Jack is super helpful. He gets us diapers and he can put the other 30 diapers he pulls out back into the bag. He still tries to pick up Claire when she cries. It's a little scary but I'm glad he's concerned about her. He helps me pack up boxes and just lately he has started to say Dada. That's very exciting. He's such a good kid and I marvel every time I witness his acts of kindness and love. I took him to nursery again on Sunday. This time I waved goodbye and he watched me walk out the door. Then I looked through the window. Jack looked at the door for about ten seconds and then went back to playing with his toy he had grabbed. I love this kid!


Fake laughing for the camera

Helping make cookies


He LOVES holding Claire but only for about two minutes.

1 comment:

Robbin and Sarah said...

i can hardly wait to see them again.