The move was pretty easy. I have to say, it would have been insane had my mom and Kyle's mom not come down to help. They were AH-MAZING. We cleaned out the old apartment and it was as spotless as possible. I want to take the credit but really my mothers did the cleaning while I took Jack home to take a nap. My neighbors at the old apartment were awesome helping with Jack. I don't think he's played so much in his whole life. It made a world of difference not to have my little guy walking around getting into things. He really does try to help but he's only 19 months. I will miss those neighbors. Sadly only one person came to help move the big stuff but we were glad he showed up. This move was a difficult situation because I was technically not supposed to lift anything over 10 or 15 pounds. That meant I could move maybe a dozen boxes. My mom and Kyle's mom did what they could, thank goodness but I'm pretty sure we were all sore the next day. My mom made a few phone calls to my uncle that lives in Springville and when we got to the new apartment a bunch of people from the ward came to help. I wish I could have met them (I was getting cribs set up in Jack's room so he could go to bed). The truck was unloaded in maybe 30 minutes, it could have been less, I dunno. I totally fell in love with our ward at that point. We still don't have a couch but once we get one, I'll post pics of our new apartment. We are so thankful for the help everyone gave, the old tennants, our mothers, our friends and our new ward. Here are some pics of one of Jack's last night playing with his friends.
Jun 12, 2011
We Moved!
We finally moved and are living in Springville. So far, I love it. We are super close to Wal-mart, Seagull Book (and tape), restaurants, the freeway, my aunt and uncle, and the library. Plus it's a straight shot to BYU down State street. We have all the delights of a small town but everything is two or three exits away. Jack, Claire and I were taking a walk on Monday and found the library. It was also the day of the Teddy Bear Tea Party so tons of little kids were running around in the park outside. Jack had fun with the obstacle course they set up (very age appropriate for him). He also had fun with the parachute games they had. We amazingly moved right before the Art City Days and so there were a ton of free things to do during the day. They had a children's art day on Friday and I took Jack. He didn't really color or do any of the activities they had (it required better motor skills) but we had fun looking around. He got a balloon animal which he chewed on and popped. He also got his face painted. It started out as a planet but by the time I got a picture to Kyle it was a big blue smudge. Oh, well. Next year I bet he'll be able to participate more.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It sounds like you are finding fun things to do in Springville. I really like the small town feeling in Springville and you have good neighbors. I am excited to see your apt. again soon. Love you, Mom
Post a Comment