May 11, 2011

I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes. This probably just comes with the territory of having a new baby and having two babies. Luckily, I have noticed with my second, that my body is better prepared. Waking up a few times a night for feedings is not as bad as it seemed when Jack was born. Maybe it's because I've done it before and it's some sort of muscle memory thing or maybe it's because I don't worry NEARLY as much about SIDS or my baby spitting up or not hearing Claire cry so she sleeps all night. Isn't it crazy how our body changes when we have children? You hear a little whimper and you get this shot of adrenaline so you are alert and awake. I'm a SUPER heavy sleeper so this was a big change for me. I'm grateful for it though-I love taking care of my babies.

Jack is transitioning to having another child around. I keep thinking "just get through the first three months." I don't know why but I am assuming that things will settle down at three months but who knows. Claire will be bigger which is a bit of a relief considering how large Jack is. It will be a relief when she can stand her own ground. The thing I worry about the most is that they won't get along. When I was growing up my mom would tell us how much she wanted her children to get along even after she was gone. It seemed like a weird goal to me at the time but now that I have two kids I understand better. I am relieved though to feel that they will. Of course they won't ALWAYS get along but I know they will love each other and I want to make sure they are always there for each other.

Doing my reading I see that we have really set ourselves up for a difficult few months though. We are moving at the end of the month which is going to get Jack a little off. Not only does he have a new family member, he's going to have a new home and probably a new daily schedule. He just entered nursery so he won't be with his parents all Sunday. Poor Jack, I have decided to set up a more rigid schedule in hopes that it will help him transition to the move, new sister and new friends situation. Like I said earlier-I just need to get through these first three months and things should settle down. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed. Any and all advice is welcomed at this time.




holding Claire's hand

No comments: