May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I am staying home today for church. Our daughter is two weeks old and so we thought it would be best to keep here home a little bit longer just to make sure she stays healthy. I am a bit saddened by this just because today is Mother's Day. I love going to church on Mother's Day, especially now that I am a mom. It is also Jackson's first day of nursery. I really hope he does well and enjoys it. I think he will but I worry still. Jackson is such a sweet little boy and I am nervous about the habits he will pick up in nursery. I am however glad he will get some socializing done because that kid is social. I suppose he'll pick up bad habits eventually and I suppose that's why kids have parents. I am anxious for Kyle and Jack to come home though.

Claire has been an absolute angel. Last night she slept until 3 am. I don't know if she was stirring or if I just woke up but she hadn't eaten since 10 pm so I decided to feed her. Then she slept until the morning. Seriously, I needed that last night because yesterday was an event filled day. She continues to grow and is almost out of her newborn clothes. Everyday she looks more and more like Jack to me, only with darker skin and hair. They have a lot of the same expressions and it takes me back to when Jack was brand new. The second child seems a lot easier to take care of and I think it's because my body knows what to do. But as I stated before, Claire is an angel.


Jackson is adjusting to the new family member. He loves to give Claire kisses and rub her head. When we first brought her home she started crying and Jack tried to pick her up and hug her. It was a little scary. One morning while holding her Jack decided to hold her hand. Oh, so precious. He also like to try and rock her in the swing and bounce her in the bouncy seat. Sometimes he tries to sit on her and that becomes a problem but eventually Claire will be big enough to hold her own-for a little while at least.


My parents were in town this last weekend and they really helped out a lot with Jack and Claire. Jackson loved playing with his grandpa and learned how to give high fives. I couldn't believe how fast he was learning with "strangers." My mom sat and read a book to him for about 15 minutes and Jackson picked up a new word, learned to knock on the door and tried to say the word "cake." They also got him to say "sock" which comes out "ock." I've been working with him on saying things

for a while and my mom comes and teaches him new things in 15 minutes. Bah! Children.



For Mother's Day we went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. It was a very pretty walk and I enjoyed looking at the flowers. We also ate at the Harvest Restaurant which was exhausting with two children but it had some pretty good food. Kyle and I got a new camera the other day and were messing with the settings on it. I realized this morning that I didn't take very many pictures of my parents while they were here so next time I'll have to remember.













1 comment:

BrittWilk said...

hooray!!! i'm so happy for you guys!

and i can't believe she's already here! did that go as fast for you as it did for me? I'm sure it didn't. she's perfect and it sounds like you're feeling pretty good! i'm so glad. so nice of her to sleep good for you. that's always a relief. congrats!