May 14, 2011

We're halfway through the month and we have a few boxes. Today we had a yard sale. I want to say it was a flop but we did sell some stuff. We actually sold the most random things ever. I bought two drain catches so that hair wouldn't go down the drain. We used one and then I put the other one out in the garage sale. Can you believe someone actually purchased it? No, they don't want our hand mixer, our small dresser for five dollars or the two Twilight books I'm trying to get rid of. They want a drain catch. That took up most of the morning and then we loaded up the car to take most of it to DI.

Even after all that, our house seems fuller. We have boxes everywhere and it's very unkempt. This is what I hate about packing. The house seems to get SUPER messy as the boxes get filled and everything is taken out of its place. I feel like we use everything so I don't want to pack anything. It's even more awkward with kids. I thought about packing up Jack's sheets today but what if I need to change his bedding? I can't lay out a few outfits for him and use them for the next few weeks cuz he might need a special change. How many toys should we keep out? Can I take the pictures off the wall? Jack already tried standing on one frame and broke the glass. I think there will be a huge push to get EVERYTHING packed the week before we move. Moving is kind of a bummer.

On another note, I am very impressed with how well Jack is taking to having Claire around. I was worried (obviously) for the first few weeks but he really is so sweet to her. He tries to lay next to her and he rests his head against hers. He likes to sit by her and gives her TONS of kisses. She may bed kissed out actually. She was crying in her bouncy seat the other day and Jack tried so hard to pick her up; luckily she was tethered in. He'll be a great older brother. Jack really is a blessing.

Kyle's mom is gonna be here next week and I am already planning errands to run when she's visiting us. It's nice to have someone who can watch little infants and children. I could get a baby sitter but grandparents are just so much more invested in their grandchildren than baby sitters are. At least my kids' grandparents are.

Here are some pics of recent things. Jack and Claire got some Tennessee Volunteers wear from their grandpa Brown. Jack looks so cute in his jacket (but secretly I hope it's a BYU jacket when he's older ;)



Tummy Time

His own idea-it reminds me of Back to the Future 2
Not that I really need to explain but yes, Jack is wearing a disposable diaper. It's a bit easier right now while adjusting. I think we might keep him in the disposable's until we move, just to keep things simpler. It feels really weird now though.

No comments: