Dog Days....
People refer to the dog days of summer or the dog days of winter and to be honest, I have no idea what it means, but I think it's referring to very uncomfortable days. With that interpretation, I have entered the dog days of pregnancy. Today, I am officially 35 weeks pregnant. At this point, I am never comfortable. My legs and hands have started swelling (that actually started a few weeks ago) so it looks like I sprained my ankles. Boo. I have also become depressingly huge. Of course I realize there is a baby in my tummy and that's what's making me so large but it still is sad to look in the mirror and see you have extended further than you ever thought possible. Bending over to put on socks and shoes is now like deep sea diving where I come up for air every few minutes. Oh and sleep-well that kind of happens. It's not that the baby kicks or anything, in fact, I think she probably goes to sleep too. However, if I have to roll to another side (which I usually do at some point) then everything hurts and I mean EVERYTHING, my back, my hips, my legs and my belly. I remember being pregnant with Jack and listening to a Sunday School lesson about the Salt Lake Temple. It took 40 years to build (hmmm similar to 40 weeks) and a lot of hard work. In the end though, they had a temple and the blessings that come with that. I guess I am building a temple so for now I have to keep my eye on the end prize. In a few more weeks we are going to have a little girl and Jack is going to be a big brother. So while I waddle through the dog days of pregnancy, I need to remember that there are better things coming.
1 comment:
It will be worth it. You have gone through most of the time now. It is just the final scenes and you never know, you may go at any time now. I am proud of you and can hardly wait to see Claire. Love you.
Post a Comment