Apr 11, 2011

36 weeks.

I can't believe I've been pregnant for 36 weeks! I am totally okay if Claire decides to come sometime next week (in fact I hope she does). I'm getting so anxious to meet her and see what she looks like-it feels like Christmas. Jack still has no idea but I am reassured by the transition when I see him with other children and babies. Yes, he hits but it's never been an aggressive hit and he likes to pet his cousin Eli's head. The other day my sister and I were hanging out and a little boy about the same age as Jack came up to him. Jack tried to hug the little boy-the little guy resisted-but it was so cute. Jack tried a few more times and then dropped the idea. I am continually impressed at what Jack learns just from observation. He's growing up so much. Now we just need to get him talking.

Jack is almost 18 month (17 months and 3 weeks). He doesn't really say any words. The pediatrician gave me some pointers to help him start talking. One was to take away his binkie. Kyle and I decided to just take it away during the day so he has a little pouch hanging on his crib where he can put them when he wakes up and get them when he takes a nap. To be honest, I didn't want to try and take it away during the night with a new baby coming-blah! We've been working on words, he has said the word baby a few times and he knows what a baby is. During conference he distinctly said Jesus but I haven't heard it since and it was one time when we were showing him pictures of Jesus. I didn't realize it at the time but making distinct sounds for an object counts as a word and Jack has been doing that for a while. The noise? Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb and it means CAR. I guess he's a Brown if he's already liking cars. So that's Jack's talking. He chats all the time in nonsensical words and I love it but we have yet to understand him well.

Nothing else has really been happening. Utah weather is a tease-it's nice and sunny and warm today but this last weekend it was snowing. Hopefully it will even out soon. I've been sewing little diapers for Claire. She is going to have one of the cutest bums in town. I can't believe how small newborns are. Sadly I don't remember how fast Jack grew-it was pretty fast and I remember he was 19lbs by 6 months (probably heavier than some of your toddlers right now lol). Maybe my next post will have some pics of Claire. I would have posted ultra sound pics but her face shot is super creepy. They got it from straight on instead of a profile one :( besides, babies always look cuter when they are outside the womb!

No comments: