Yesterday we had some sun and I was pretty excited about it. The weather has been a little crazy lately and I took advantage of the light by sunning Jack's diapers. OOO, exciting, I know. Anyways, I went outside to check if they were dry. Some of his diapers were a little (eh hem) discolored and I wanted to see if the sun had bleached them white. To my amazement they had been! It was around the elastic part of the leg so when I stretched it out, there were little zebra stripes but the areas that had been exposed to the sun were white! Okay, so here's the cheesy part. It occurred to me then that all things testify of Christ. Here I am, laying Jack's stained diapers outside so they can bask in sunlight and have stains removed. Not only that, the sun disinfects the diapers so they are CLEAN. Just as the diapers were made clean and white, we can be made clean and pure through the atonement of Jesus Christ, the Son of our Heavenly Father. So there's my deep thought for this Sunday and I'm glad my testimony was strengthened through Jack's cloth diapers. :P
Jackson is sick right now. It's pretty sad but I think he's on the tail end of it. He got a runny nose one night and the next day he was sliming everything in the house. He also has a little cough which is kind of cute. Don't worry, it's nothing serious like whooping cough, just little coughs and sometimes his voice is horse. Jack is pretty good when he's sick for the most part though. He continues to play and have fun.
I am amazed at his ability to learn from watching. The other day, a friend came over with her two little boys. The older one is Jack's age and it was cute to see them interact. They don't play together but sometimes the little boy would cry and Jack would walk over and hug him. Usually Jack's hugs were a bit aggressive and he would knock the little boy on the floor thus upsetting him even more but it's the thought that counts right? I was telling Kyle about it and wondered where he learned it. Kyle said from us but I couldn't think of a time when one of us was crying and the other came over for a hug. Then Kyle pointed out that we do that when Jack cries (duh). I'm glad he's learning compassion even if he has no clue what he's doing.
Oh and something else exciting is that Jack has learned where his belly button is. We ask and he will lift up his shirt and point to it. It's pretty stinkin' cute. Golly I love this little boy.
I will be 34 weeks along tomorrow. I am getting more and more excited about having this baby. I decided to make Claire's blessing dress before she was born. I made Jack's blessing outfit after he was born and it was a little hectic.
I used the Simplicity Pattern 2457 and to be honest it was a little difficult.
Usually when sewing baby clothes you attach the sleeves to the shirt top before stitching up the sides. This is because their little arms are so small it's difficult to attach sleeves later. Well this pattern had you sew up the sides and then attach the sleeves which required a lot of maneuvering with the sewing machine. But, it came out cute. I can't wait to see it on her.
I finished the baby carrier and here is Jack and me.


I think it will work a little better when I'm not pregnant because right now I can't get the waist band above my hips. Jack likes to sit in it though while I do house work.
I think it will work a little better when I'm not pregnant because right now I can't get the waist band above my hips. Jack likes to sit in it though while I do house work.
I also made Jack a little pacifier bag so he has somewhere to put his binkies at night. It works well but I might modify it a bit.
This is the last thing I made.
This is a hanging hamper. I hate the colors but that's the fabric I had so I used it. Plus, it hangs on the back of a door so I don't see it. Lately I've been stressing out a lot (hormones prolly) about space. I got rid of our hamper in our bedroom and we now use this hanging one so that we can fit a bassinet in next to the bed. The cool thing about this hamper is that you put the clothes in at the top (pockets) and at the bottom are some zippers to empty the hamper. I would like to say I designed this myself but I actually saw a super flimsy one at the dollar store.
On a final note-check out this blog:
I'm one of the winners and super excited. I think I truly am obsessed with this cloth diapering business.
2 comments:
Oh wow Cyn! You did a wonderful job on the blessing dress! It is beautiful! You are so talented!
Yay! Only 6 weeks left! Awesome job on the blessing dress... it's gorgeous!!!
Post a Comment