We graduated
Oh Yeah-we got married
We had a baby
We're having another baby
Of course a lot of other things have happened but those are some pretty significant events. It's exciting to look back on all we have done and all we have accomplished and know we have forever in front of us to do so much more together. (Sigh) I'm so glad we went on that first date.
On another note, our little Jackson is taking a lot of steps around the house. He has become more daring. For example he will walk across the room, or attempt to, without holding onto the furniture. Earlier today I was watching him move from his stroller he had pushed into his room, to a dresser. He goes so slowly and so carefully it's wonderful to see.
Jack is becoming a little dancer. He likes to clap when he hears others clap and he will do it when he hears music too. He got a TON of toys that play music (some of which do not have an off button) and he bounces up and down to the music they play. I think the best sight yet has been when I saw him start bobbing to the song Pie Jesu and to a commercial playing Silent Night. These aren't ones I would think of dancing to but hey, he's got the dancing bug.
Oh and we have noticed that Jack really loves collars. At first I thought he just liked the feeling of lace but I have noticed that he grabs the collar of anyone that holds him. If he's isn't being held (and he can't reach your neck) then he will grab his OWN collar. The best is when he doesn't have a shirt on, he'll grab a little ruffle on the leg of his diaper. It's pretty cute to watch. Kyle said he did try to grab his collar bone a few times but that doesn't seem to work too well. Oh Jackson, you keep us laughing.
He got his one year shots the other day. They weren't too bad but he started to run a fever. I was worried. I didn't want to be one of those horror stories where the mother doesn't want to over-react so she does nothing but SOMETHING is seriously wrong. So I eventually called his doctors office and talked to a nurse. He wasn't fussy or acting differently really, just a little more cuddly so he was going to be fine. That night his fever broke but I started noticing spots all over his tummy. They then moved to his back and then his neck. Jack had gotten a chicken pox vaccine and now he had a mild case of chicken pox. I wish I would get a good pic but he's so white the flash drowns out the spots. He's doing really well and I think we are on the tail end but Kyle and I opted to keep him home yesterday from church cuz he might be contagious (I know weird right?) and there are little babies in our ward. He isn't scratching and I hope they go away soon but now I know what to expect with our next 1 year old.
So that's that. We're getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have already started making presents. I will post pics after the holidays cuz I don't want to spoil the surprise. I think Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. This year Kyle and I are celebrating it with his sister and her family. I think this might be the first time I haven't done it with my "family of origin." I get to cook the bird so we'll see how that goes. I'm a little excited though, Thanksgiving food is so yummy and it's great to have a nice meal with family.
Here a few of Jackers' photos from his 1 year photo shoot. Maybe he'll be the next Donald Trump, jk jk but he does look snazzy in that suit. Ugh, they steal my heart.




3 comments:
CUTE PICS!! He's so photogenic! :) When Sam was little and got the measles shot, he broke out in a mild case of measles and it really freaked me out, but it was fine. I haven't heard of that reaction happening with other kids before-so that is strange Jack is experiencing it too. Maybe it is more common than I thought!
Congrats on the pregnancy, that is so exciting!! I hope you are feeling well and that you aren't experiencing much morning sickness!
(also, Jack's pictures are adorable!)
Post a Comment