Jul 29, 2010

it's been a while

Oh my it sure has been a while since I posted something. It feels like it's been months since we were in Tennessee already when it's only been a few weeks. Okay, a month. Things have been pretty good on the home front. For Pioneer Day we went up to Logan to visit my cousins Merrill and Corrine [please excuse the spellings :(...] It was an awesome trip. We picked up my sister in Salt Lake and headed up there. Jack did especially well because he had someone to glare at the whole time. He likes to glare at his aunt for the first 15-20 minutes before he warms up. It's pretty funny. I had never been to Logan, that I can remember, and to be honest, I was VERY impressed. I almost wanted to move there it was so cute! We at Merrill's house we had a barbecue and then went out to watch fireworks. It was fun. We drove right by the temple and it was so beautiful, I loved it.

Shortly after that trip we all started to feel sick. Jack had a bit of a runny nose when we went there and then on Monday it hit me. I think it was a 24 hour-ish bug cuz I got REALLY sick on Monday and then Tuesday had a bit of light headed-ness and some stuffiness. I think I have allergies though so the stuffiness probably won't go away. Last night it hit Kyle pretty hard around dinner time. I felt so bad cuz there was really nothing I could do to help. He went to be at 8:30. I hope he's feeling better because he went to work today. I'm sure he'll be fine by tomorrow. Sadly, if Jack is feeling crummy, I can't really tell. He's been ultra clingy lately so its nothing new. I guess that's good, if he is sick, at least he's happy and sick.

Jack is one amazing kid and I just love him so much. He has another tooth, it's not on the top so that brings the total to three on the bottom, zero on the top. He is crawling around and cruising on the furniture. His sleep habits are pretty much non existant. Right now he is napping in his stroller because he fell asleep and I cannot bring myself to wake him up. He jabbers ALL-THE-TIME. It's most prevelant in the mornings. He is saying Dadadada and Mamama but I don't know if he is associating them yet. I answer though when he does the Mama and point out Kyle when he does Dada so hopefully he'll catch on soon. I cannot believe how quickly he is growing. Soon he'll be walking and saying words and his sweet little voice will make sense. With his crawling has come a few dings. He tried to stand in the bathtub and hit the side with his mouth. It was heart wrenching. I think that has been the worst one. He likes to get out our DVD's which doesn't bother me so he pulls them out and then I put them away and then he pulls them out again. I'm sure he loves that. Just recently I rearranged the bookshelves so that he doesn't get a hold of our good books. I love how curious he is but sometimes I need a break so I strap him in the stroller or car seat and we get out of the house.

Tomorrow we are headed off to Boise. It's hard to believe that it's only the middle of summer and we have a few more trips for August. Mostly camping, and I'm really excited. Along with plans, I'm going to try and make a desk for Kyle so we can move his Computer out into the front room and out of Jack's room (and I capitalized the C on purpose, it's almost like a family member). I'll post pictures of it when its done, good or bad but I'm really hoping it's good.




a new friend




shoes like mom's


crazy hair McGee

No comments: