
my Great Great Grandpa

My great grandma

My grandma
My mom

Me
And my son.
My sister and I and little Jack are going down to New Mexico for the Navajo Nation fair. This is bigger than state fairs but smaller than the World fair. My sister compared it to a United States fair, if the US had something like that. I'm pretty excited. We are going back to our roots! Just recently my aunt posted pictures on her facebook page of our ancestors. It is amazing to see these people and I wish I knew their story. My great great grandfather was on the Long Walk. I'm glad I know what I do about my ancestry. I'm thankful that I am from such strong families. This is something I will have to teach my children because even though Jack may not look it, he is their decedent.
On another note-Jack is continually amazing me. His mannerisms just crack me up lately. His latest thing is screaming. HE LOVES TO SCREAM. It sounds like a little dinosaur! The other day we were at Winco and he screamed at a lady. It scared her and when she turned to look he just smiled at her and showed her his toy.
Jack is a huge flirt. We went up to Boise for a wedding a while back. We ate lunch at a restaurant and Jack was flirting with the waitress non-stop. He would smile at her and then hide behind me and then duck his head out again and smile and show her his mushed up bread. It was awesome. I wonder what it will be like when he's older, I probably won't think it's that awesome.
He is also working on climbing. I remember my mom saying that when the kids are quiet that's when they are up to something. I totally understand that now! Jack is loud when he plays and I can usually identify what he is playing with by the sound of it rattling or banging. The other day Jack was in his room and was super quiet. I didn't hear him doing his raspberries or jabbering either. Kyle asked what was going on and if I could check on him. I walked in and he was standing up on his little high chair trying to grab stuff on top of a shelf. He has also been caught climbing on top of a box, and getting halfway on the entertainment center. I LOVE that he is so curious but it makes me super nervous that he's gonna get hurt.
I think Jack might try to stand or walk soon. He has become more daring in his cruising. In the bathtub he likes to stand up (which I hate because we've already had an accident with that). He'll hop from one side of the tub to another instead of moving along the corner. It freaks me out every time.
I love this kid, he keeps me laughing, happy, tired, exhausted, and in love.
xo Jackers!!!!
1 comment:
Wow Cynthia I love those pictures!!! What a heritage you have. That is so awesome! That is so neat that you are able to learn about your heritage. And in return some day share all those stories with your children.
Post a Comment