Our fist adventure was to Dollywood. I've been to Dollywood a few times but this was the first time in the summer. We rode water rides and had lots of fun on all the roller coasters. Kyle's brother and I rode the Dizzy Disk to finish off the day. His sister and he were too pooped to give it a try. It was pretty awesome.
Splash Country was great! There were a ton of people there for the holiday weekend but we got to ride on quite a few rides. I was sad that Jack couldn't come but we never got him a swimming suit and if he came, there would need to be another adult to watch him while Kyle and I went on the slides. Our niece was with us along with her dad for the first bit but she got sunscreen in her eyes and had to go home. I love water parks. I don't go to them too often but I am always impressed with how much I enjoy them.
There's a place called Cade's Cove. It's like the Alpine Loop here in Utah. We took a drive on it. Here's video but it doesn't capture how green and HOT it was.
We attended Corinne's (Kyle's sister) show at Memories Theater. I stayed for the whole thing so I could see the Elvis part. It was pretty good. We also went to Dixie Stampede and Jack loved watching the horses and dancers. Kyle's older brother put together a fireworks show so we attended that. It was pretty awesome. We sat very close and debris kept showering us. We didn't bring Jack and I'm glad we didn't because I would have been way too stressed.
On our last day we went zip lining in the Smokies! It was so beautiful and a lot of fun. I guess it's the new big thing out there, I would totally do it again.
Probably one of my biggest highlights was seeing our niece Cambria. She is adorable and she loved Jack. She is almost three and is always talking. I have some memories of that age so I get excited when I see she has dress up clothes and shoes. Being a kid is so fun. I think I will miss her the most.
While in Tennessee, Jack figured out how to roll from his back to his front so nothing is stopping him now. He keeps trying to stand on his own and he has adopted a new sleeping position. I cannot believe how fast he is growing.
Here's a pic I took before we left. What a cheezer!



No comments:
Post a Comment