Apr 6, 2010

It's Messy being a Mom

Jack and I have been having a lot of fun at home. He is growing up so fast (duh, kinda cliche to say right?) I love him so much. He loves to play games. We'll razz at him and he'll razz back. He loves getting tickled and laughs so much. He's drooling up a storm and is curious about everything. He likes computers, remotes, phones, anything that rattles and getting lots and lots of kisses. He can now suck on his big toe which he likes to do.

He doesn't like rice cereal-at all. In fact I don't know if he's actually eaten any of it. He doesn't like elevators, a recent discovery. He is getting better with the vacuum and the air popper. I haven't tried out the blender but he hated that.

He's gonna be six months soon and that's so crazy to me. It feels like he's so brand new, yet like we've had him forever. I LOVE THIS KID!






This part is all about poo and such so only read on if you are interested.

The first night we brought Jack home we were changing his diaper on the floor in front of our TV. Little boys sure are quick! We ended up having to wipe down the entertainment center but luckily nothing got on the TV. I remember deciding to change his diaper during one of his night feedings. I put him on my bed (mistake one) and took his diaper completely off (mistake two). Luckily I put something under him because I quickly tried to deflect his pee and then catch his...let's just say I'm glad we have wood floors in the bedroom.

I changed his diaper this morning and fed him. While I was burping him I heard that all too familiar sound of Jack's digestion process. So I took him over to change him. It was still dark and I hadn't turned on the lights yet in the bedroom in hopes that Jack might fall asleep again. After I unsnapped his PJ's I went to grab his legs. That's when I realized he had had a blowout. YUCK!! I wiped my hands down with the baby wipes and got Jack all cleaned up.

THEN this afternoon while Jack was sitting in his bouncer I once again heard that sound that comes from beloved little boy. I looked down at him and he was just beaming. So I picked him up not wanting him to get a rash or anything. As soon as I picked him up though, I realized that this was another blowout. This one was pretty bad, by the time I got his onesie off, it was all over his back. I decided to document it.

WARNING





5 comments:

Robbin and Sarah said...

Happy as a clam. Thank you for providing what we all dread remembering. :) oh well, life happens.

Kyle said...

I'm sure no one wants to see our kids poop on their computer screen, my heavens.

Cyndie said...

I know right?! He was so smiley through the whole thing. I guess that's better than being fussy. It's weird to think that you went through this with me and grandma went through it with you. HAHA I love being a parent :)

BrittWilk said...

i love poop stories. hilarious. and kyle i loved seeing the poop. it's a mom thing maybe. :) and i love your renovated high chair. it looks awesome!!!

tawna said...

love the kid in a box.

love love the last pic. sucj a cute kid!!

love kyle's comment. bahaha!