Mar 29, 2010

From BLAH to AWE!

I got Jack this high chair. It was $5-sweet deal? Yes!


When I picked it up I noticed it was dirty. Why they didn't clean it first, I dunno, but hey at five dollars I can clean it myself. While wiping it down and such I noticed it's about as old as I am. There were patents and model numbers from 1983 and 1987.

Today I went to Savers and found a corduroy dress for 99 cents. I turned the old high chair into this!!
If we need to wash it I can slip them off and send it through-hopefully wiping it down will be sufficient for most things though.

I am very happy with it. Now we just have to have Jack sit in it and I'll try and feed him some rice cereal (which by the way he hates).

Also, Jack has become interested in electronics. He tries to grab our remote. I might just give him one of our old remotes cuz we have about four that we don't use. He also is interested in my phone and today he was trying to get to Kyle's keyboard. So Kyle pulled out another keyboard for him to play around on. It was adorable.

I wonder what it is like growing up now. I remember when we first got the internet-it was amazing and took about fifteen minutes to connect. It's so different now who knows what's going to be happening in the next few years. My mom talks about when her family got a color TV and now they are making 3D TV's!! All sorts of craziness is comin' about...

5 comments:

Fab Five said...

Way to go on the highchair! Looks great!

Jenn Miyamoto said...

GREAT job on the high chair!!

sarah savage said...

sweet highchair. you are so crafty. and thrifty! way to go.

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Hi Cynthia!
I just found your blog. I'm excited to start reading and keeping up with you and your cute family. Scarlett LOVES to type on the computer. The high chair looks great!

xox Nicole
seenthrugreeneyes.blogspot.com

tawna said...

nice job, miss crafty pants!!

loving the pics. cute kid. love the chubs. :)