Apr 14, 2010

Boise and Back

This past weekend I went to Boise with Jack and my mom-in-law Chris. It was a lot of fun. We rode up with Chris' brother and his wife. I was a little nervous until I found out that both of us would be sitting in the back with Jack. It was reassuring because if Jack got fussy we were right there to coo and play and tickle him. I think he loved it.

It was so nice to see my family but I'll admit, it was hard not having Kyle with us. I'm not a fan of taking trips on my own and it seems that it's the worst at nights when you have to lay in bed all alone. I think Jack missed his dad too because he was full of giggles on Tuesday afternoon when we got back.

While in Boise we watched Sherlock Holmes. Kyle and I had seen it a few days earlier on a fabulous date we took while Grandma Brown babysat. We went to Trafalga and I got beat (horribly) in miniature golf and we played some sweet skee ball. It was a pretty awesome date but I digress. My sister had come up for a few nights and she had not seen Sherlock Holmes yet. It's an awesome movie, maybe one of my new favorites. My mom also got Jack a little stroller so we were cleaning it up and it was all spiffy when we were done. I think Jack really liked it cuz it could be reclined fully and he could lay down.

My brother and I got some matching outfits for our half marathon which is THIS SATURDAY!! I cannot believe it. I hope I survive. I think I will, I mean something really bad would have to happen for me to not be able to finish, I will crawl through the finish line if I have to. Okay, I'm being a little dramatic but I'm very excited and very nervous. There will definitely be a post though.

I cannot believe how much Jack is learning. There used to be a commercial on TV with a dry sponge expanding while water dripped on it. It was about kids' brains and how much they absorb and learn. Kids learn fast, Jack learns fast and I am just so in awe of how far he has grown in six months. Last week was Jack's wellness check up. I totally forgot how big his head it but he weighs 19lbs and he's 26 inches long. I love my little guy, he is just as perfect and adorable as can be. We truly are blessed!


New family pics


saying hi to dad while in Boise



His new baseball hat




Just chillin'

1 comment:

Fab Five said...

Love the new family picture! Jack's getting big!!