Kyle graduated! Yay!! His mom came out to Utah and got to attend. It was great fun. My parents came down along with my brother too. I love having family around...to an extent. I just realized during Kyle's graduation how great it is that our families don't live in the same city. For Christmas we go to Tennessee and we spend all our time with HIS family. For Thanksgiving and throughout the summer we go to my house and spend time is MY family. It's just nice to not feel torn on who to spend time with. I was starting to get stressed when Kyle's mom came into to town because I just didn't know what the schedule was or if my family wanted to do something and if our schedules would clash. I am sure there are benefits to having families in the same areas but I like the situation we have going on.
Kyle and I started watching a new show-well two actually. "Lie to Me" is one we started and it is great. I love watching this show because this guy can decipher if someone is lying to him just by their body language. I LOVE it. Plus-there aren't any shootem up scenes so that's pretty nice. Another one we started is called FRINGE. My dad got us started on it. It's kind of like a new X-Files so of course I love it.
Two of my best friends just got into town after returning home from their mission. I love it! It feels like old times. Before Kyle and I started dating he would come over and hang out with me and my three best friends who were my roommates at the time. When we started dating it was great because he was friends with my friends so they were comfortable with him around and we all spent a lot of time together. Now after a year and a half, two of them are back (one is married and lives in Florida) and we got to go out to a movie and spend time together. It was so fun. I am glad they are back, they make me smile and it is so much fun to be around them. Love you Jenny and Tricia!!
Kyle and I are both working now. I am pretty excited for that mostly because Kyle isn't tied up with homework on the weekends so he can spend time with ME! Kyle is waiting to see if he gets a full time job. If he does then we will be here for a while but if he doesn't then wo knows what will happen.
There are more updates to come...I'll fill you in soon.
2 comments:
I love those pictures of Kyle's graduation. It is great that Jenny and Tricia are home. How fun to see them again. Tell them hello for us. We are praying that Kyle will have a full-time job soon. we like the idea of having you in Utah for many years to come. Love Mom
Congratulations Kyle!! I know what you mean about not living too close to family. I really like living in a place that I still can go visit if I want to but I don't feel like I have to spend a lot of my free time with other family members or decide who we will spend most of our time with.
p.s what part of Tennessee is Kyle from. That is one of the places that we are going to apply to for optometry school.
Post a Comment