Kyle's kickball team lost for the first time in over a year last night. Luckily we have double elimination so they are still in the tournament but it was a rough night. There are some amazing players on the team this year. I am not playing AGAIN but I will explain that later. All the players are really fast and they can catch the ball. It's so much fun to watch, I love going to his games. Who knew kickball could be so intense!
At Enrichment Night, we made little herb gardens. I planted parsley(a Fisher Family favorite), oregano and cilantro. I loved showing Kyle and then placing it in our widow to get light. The girl that helped me plant it told me that I needed to be careful not to drown it. She suggested a spray bottle and I have taken up her advice and anxiously await it to start sprouting.
Today, I bought some terra cotta pots (there was a killer sale at Shopko). I planted some peas and some green onions along with some flowers. Kyle helped me. It took about 15 minutes but I was so excited! After we went into the house I kept going back to our window to see if they had sprouted--they hadn't of course. I am soooo anxious though, I cannot wait! I'm excited to eat the peas--peas are my favorite.
I have a similar situation going on in our family. Kyle and I are going to have a baby in November! As soon as I found out, I wished our baby was here to hold and love and take care of (of course, I'm glad that's not the case though because we would go crazy!) We saw our baby for the first time when I was about 8 weeks along. It had little arm and leg buds! We got to hear the heart beat and it was wonderful. At our last check up we listened to the heart beat. In the words of our doctor "Perfect! Everything is perfect!" I'm pretty sure every mother knows how that feels. What a relief--I haven't had any morning sickness (well, except a one time incident) and I only get up about once a night. Pregnancy hasn't been that bad so most of the time I worry that something might be wrong because I can't feel anything and I don't show all the "usual" signs of pregnancy. But everything is going well. We have another appointment in two weeks. We'll soon find out if we are having a boy or girl. Kyle and I are so excited!


7 comments:
I knew you were pregnant, but I'm glad I didn't have to ask you, that would be awkward. congratulations!! You're so lucky to not have had morning sickness, I wanted to shoot myself most days. When are you due? I'm wondering how close our due dates are.
I have been waiting for this announcement, I just had a feeling you were preggo! Congratulations! Enjoy the time you have to prepare, they come sooner than you expect! Congrats again!
YEA!! we get to tell the world. WE are so HAPPY!!!
As for the peas, keep them cool. They grow in the cool better than hot. The heat will stunt their growth.
congrats!! how exciting! do you think you'll have a girl or a boy? or twins?! haha, just kidding abou the twins. that would be crazy. hooray for babies!
YAY! Congratulations! I am so so happy for you two!
I haven't been on your blog for a long time, but what a time to look now! Yay! Congrats on the great news. That is awesome!
You'll have to keep us posted on how your garden turns out... I decided to do that this year as well, and I'm nervous I'm going to kill the plants. :)
WAHOOOOO! I am so excited for you both!!!!
Post a Comment