Nov 6, 2008

Aww the Amazingness of GIMP

So I am learning how great GIMP really is. I made the header-with help from my husband-and I really like it. I wish I had more reasons to make things like that...but I don't.

Kyle and I went to a WEEZER concert. Weezer has been my favorite band since I was in the eighth grade (for about 8 years). I knew their new album came out and one morning I was listening to some music of theirs one morning and reading up on the band through Wikipedia. The article kept mentioning a North America tour so I rushed to their website and found out they were coming to SLC!!! This was early Saturday morning so I jumped on Kyle and asked if we could go and he said yes so I bought the tickets and we went. THIS WAS THE BEST CONCERT EVER!!! I loved it. I only had my phone camera and that didn't come out so swell...

Here are some pics that I got off of their website:

Weezer Website
*click*



On to Kyle's Birthday!!! We haven't uploaded the pictures yet but I have gotten the pictures of his birthday presents off of the Internet.

For Kyle's 25th Birthday we went to Tucano's for lunch- yum yum! I also worked all day to make him a cake which turne
d out really good except there was about a gallon of frosting on it so it was pretty sweet. I had waited until the morning of his birthday to give him his presents and believe me that was difficult. I wanted to give him one the day before and the week before and when I had gotten one back in September. Sometimes it's difficult for me to hold out on surprises. :)

For his first present I made him a plate. It was a mail away thing-I did it in Young Women's and Kyle had mentioned that he had had a favorite plate on his mission that he lost. Well, I tried to replicate it.

Then I got him a few games which I thought he would love. I don't know how many of you know this but Kyle is a HUGE fan of Jeopardy. In the summer we used to watch it every afternoon with our lunch. Well, I got him a Jeopardy board game and the game SCUM. That's another game he likes. However, Scum requires about six people to play so we have not broken that one out.

The last present was the one he was asking for. It was a Logitech Remote. He pretty much knew he was getting it because he asked for it and we have a joint bank account (darn it!) but I tried to act like I had gotten him something else. He was very excited and played with it all day getting it set up. It's a fancy remote to run all his gizmo's and gadgets at once. All I need to know is the power button, the volume and how to change the channel...needless to say it took a while to get the hang of it but it's nice to have one remote instead of three.

That's pretty much it. I voted! woot woot! I guess we'll see what happens with our country in the next few years. I am so glad the hoopla is over with but I can tell only more political issues are coming...

Have a great DAY!!!!!




No comments: