Oct 5, 2008

Football, Food and a Conglomerate of Thoughts








Kyle and I decided to take a hike up to the top of Y mountain. We made it to the top of the Y however, it started raining and we ran out of time to make it to the top of the mountain so we had to turn back. We will be here for another year though and I'm sure we will try it again. That's what all the pics are from by the way.



Football season is in full swing. It's been great! Sure, shutouts can be a little boring to watch but seeing our ranking go up is exillerating. Kyle is playing flag football with the ward. This last game they were down a man and really got roughed up. I think there was a black eye, Kyle's leg was re-scraped for the the umpteenth time and he got shoulder rushed in his adam's apple, and there was lots of frustration on the field. Ideally there is not supposed to be any contact in flag football but obviously in this game that was not the case.
***on a lighter note-the other team brought a goat and I got to pet it.






Ah the economy...my job was effected by the Fannie Mae / Freddie Mack Bail Out Bill. As of October 1st we have had to begin the process of shutting down. It is a little frusting right now. I am looking for another job which is kind of a bum deal because at my old one I only worked weekdays. We could work our own schedule from 8-5 as long as we didn't go into overtime and it was just chill at the office. Now I have to go out and market myself, make new friends, get used to a new system and worry about being late for work...AGAIN!!! ugh, Job hunting is a kick in the rear and no fun at all. Not to mention the unemployment rate is at its highest in five years. Hopefully a new bill will be signed and I can go back to work. I will keep my fingers crossed.



General Conference just got over and it was FaBuLoUs! I absolutely enjoyed it. Our stake was able to get tickets to go to the Relief Society General Meeting so I got some for me and my mom who wasn't able to go and then my sister and then another one for my sister-in-law Jill. I was surprised to find out how many people didn't jump at the chance to get these tickets in our ward. Anyways, we all went along with my sister's friend and it was a glorious session. After we stopped by the Cheesecake Factory for some yummy food. I got Kyle a slice to go. I love being able to share these experiences with family and to go and sit in the presence of our Prophet and listen to counsel. It was great!





















I CANNOT wait for Kyle's birthday. It is coming up and I am so excited. I have been planning pretty much since the day after my birthday for his (about a month). I hope it goes well but it is so difficult for me to hold out on giving him his presents especially if I think I got him something good. I am pretty sure I gave him his Christmas present early and his birthday present early last year. Oh and our anniversay present...I just love suprises and seeing the look on his face when he pulls out a Transformers T-shirt or a Pull-up bar or something else I have decided to get. This one is going to be great I can feel it. Stay tuned for pics of the awesome gifts I got...


My culinary skills are starting to improve. This pic at the end is of a hamburger I made-bun and all!












5 comments:

Robbin and Sarah said...

Wow Cyn! That hamburger and bun looked really delicious! I hope your job works out for now. The bill was signed so you may still have a job.

kyle and ila johnson said...

We like your blog it looks really good.

Jenn Miyamoto said...

Your blog is always so cute! Hope you find a job. I was job hunting a month ago...didn't enjoy it very much though. Oh and do you guys live around 600 E and 200 N?

Jessica said...

Beautiful pics of Provo... we hiked to the top of the Y mountain this summer too--isn't it an incredible hike? It's too bad many people just hike to the Y because they are totally missing out. Looking forward to finding out what you get Kyle for his b-day!

BrittWilk said...

ooooh! your homemade buns look yummy! :) and good luck with your job hunt. that's totally frustrating.