Aug 17, 2008

A Catch Up


We finally moved and we finally went camping!! July was pretty crazy but it has been fun these past few weeks. We went to the family reunion in Idaho and had a blast. There was camping, which Kyle and I participated in but were completely ill prepared for. Ugh-it was horrible. Both of us did not bring jackets and so we had to borrow sweatshirts from my mother. That was the FIRST problem.

We went up to Cascade Idaho which is just beautiful. There is great big lake and the night we got there my cousins wanted to go swimming. I haven't seen them in about three years...maybe. Kyle has never met them so we hiked down to the lake and plunged into the water. It was great especially because the it was about 85 degrees at 7 o'clock at night. My cousins loved Kyle and most of them spent their time trying to dunk him under water, with no success. The SECOND problem came about when we were on our way back up to camp. Kyle and I were wearing shorts-no big deal. However, while we were swimming we had washed off all of our mosquito repellent. On the way back to camp we were attacked and that is not an exaggeration. I was carrying my three year old cousin on our hike trying to speed things up and my legs and back got the brunt of it. Kyle's calves were all puffy and red (but he was unaffected by the pain) and in the morning I had developed a Quasimodo eye. Darn mosquitoes!

Other than that everything was great. We loved it up in Cascade. It was beautiful and it was nice to spend time with my cousins and my Grandpa. All of my grandparents have passed away except for him. I met my cousin Levi and Kai who are both three and have been living in Japan and Korea for their whole life so it was nice to see them. Kai and I had a great time together collecting rocks and laughing (he does an evil laugh) and it was easy to see that Levi loved being with Kyle by the end of the family reunion.

When we came home we moved that week. Boy was it busy but we got it done. Now we are in our bigger apartment and it is just fabulous. The apartment is bigger and I think it is in a better location as well. We have enjoyed it here and enjoy our neighbors. We moved from having one set of Christensens as our neighbors to another set. We got a new couch and chair and life is good.

Last weekend Kyle and I went camping all by ourselves. It was a lot of fun but I got a little scared at night. We made some amazing tinfoil dinners and I am proud to say that I started the fire for breakfast with ONE match. It was great. I'm sad that summer is ending but Kyle has to get back to school and I have to maybe find a new job (depending on congress). Who knows what's ahead for us but we look forward to the Fall Semester AND of course BYU football!!





4 comments:

Robbin and Sarah said...

hey, sounds like you had a good time camping. I am sure you were better prepared than at family reunion. Love your pictures. Love Mom

BrittWilk said...

oh no! did you guys move out of the ward?!??! i hope not!

and it sounds like a crazy, but fun camping trip!

Jessica said...

Ah! It sounds like you guys are having a ton of fun! Thanks for the update on how everything is going. I'm glad to hear you were able to find an apartment, especially one that you really like. Keep us all updated with photos and everything! We miss you guys!

PS. What are you doing now that you are finished with school?

PPS. Enjoy the FOOTBALL game this weekend! I'm way super excited for it... ah!

Jenn Miyamoto said...

Hey guys! Sometimes I wish the summer would never end!

PS: We just started a blog so we're very new to this.