Yesterday Kyle played at the Hunger Banquet put on at BYU. WHAT?! you say because you never knew Kyle played an instrument. Well...I'll just say he does in one class which is an Afghan/Persian music class. His skills I will confess I do not know. He plays the doo-tar, a relative of the guitar. His class played some Afghanistan music and also accompanied some dancers. They sounded pretty good and of course Kyle looked great!
I also ran my first 5K yesterday. It was the Rex Lee Run. The 5K benefits cancer research and is put on by the Rex Lee family-I think. My goal was to come in under 40 minutes. I made it in 33 so that is a pretty good starting time. I have been working out but not running. Now I have something to build off of and improve on. It was nice, I just regret not stretching immediately after.
We had ward conference today. It was pretty nice. We talked about temples, oh how I love the temple. Also the stake leaders addressed the stake 4x4 plan. Here is what it is:
WEEKLY
1. Daily Scripture Study
2. Daily Prayer
3. Family Home Evening
4. Partake of the Sacrament
MONTHLY
1. Attend the Temple
2. Pay Tithing and Fast Offerings
3. Home & Visiting Teaching
4. Meaningful Fast
It's amazing that just sticking to these principles will help keep us on the right path. It seems so easy, easy to commit to. It's laid out so that things aren't overwhelming. It also helps create a desire to do these things, they no longer are a checklist but something achievable.
That's what today was about. Kyle and I have been bogged down with school work. It is midterms and soon we will be done with the semester. It is bittersweet. Mostly because I know that as we get closer to the end, I know more and more tests are coming.
3 comments:
I didn't know Kyle played an instrument! He'd be performing for the 29th ward if Persian music was in any way appropriate for sacrament meeting! :) Loved the post!
I love the 4x4 plan! thanks for sharing it! :) Can I get your e-mail address?
Hey I didn't realize you had a blog I saw your name on Brittney's blog and thought I would check yours out. Way fun. It sounds like everything is going so well for you guys. That's awesome. I'm proud of you for running the 5k that's amazing what a wonderful accomplishment!!
Post a Comment