Today I invited some neighbors over so the kids could play in the sprinklers. It was supposed to be 90 degrees and I don't know if it was but shewwwt! it was hot. We sat in the shade while the kids played in the sprinklers and I brought out our big diaper boiling pot and some buckets with cups and spoons for them to splash around with. Jack likes to sit in the diaper pot. It's funny and he thinks it's "hu-hu punny." Well today whilst sitting in the pot full of water I looked at Jack and realized he had not been playing in mud but had pooped in the big pot of water. I was so mortified-YUCK! He didn't have a diaper on (obviously-have you seen those in water?!) and I didn't see the need to waste a swim diaper because he doesn't usually poop and we weren't at a public pool. UGH, it was so gross. I apologized to my friends and dumped the water out and sprayed down the pot with cleaner. I then took off Jack's swimming suit and "undies" and then proceeded to hose him off in the back yard. HE.LOVED.IT. He ran around sans underpants and swim trunks laughing and running back to me so I'd spray him again and again. I was glad I got him cleaned up but man I felt bad for our "guests." I suppose that's just how it is when you have kids though.
Jack being "hu hu punny" with the diaper boiling pot pre-poop story.
Last thing-INDEXING. If you haven't tried it, you should. If you want to try it, you should. If you want to start up again, you should. And if you are already doing it-AWESOME. The 1940s census was just released and sadly all of Idaho had already been indexed by the time Kyle and I got around to it. Both of our families are from that area, although my grandparents might have been in Utah at that time-Idunno. I got some New Mexico censuses to index and maybe just maybe I'll be lucky enough to see a relative but I'm guessing prolly not. Either way, I love indexing. I especially liked doing it when I was pregnant because it's like going through a baby name book AND being productive all at the same time. And even though I am not preggers I STILL love indexing. It's hard to explain but it's a wonderful experience to see all these families, the names, and the ages. I did a few from Brooklyn, New York and it's crazy to see all these different nationalities represented and to imagine what life was like for them. I indexed some twins named Hilton and Milton-which I'll admit made me laugh, and a family where almost all the children's given names ended in -ice :Atrice, Maurice, Patrice... These are our brothers and sisters, our relatives and our families and because of these records, they will be remembered. I think that's why I love indexing so much, so go on and give it a try!
1 comment:
I've done indexing before and loved it! I don't remember where to go to do it though... Can you let me know so I can start again please? Thank you!!
Post a Comment