Mar 20, 2012

Claire is crawling!  It's not full on crawling but she gets around effectively.  I'm so happy for her but I don't think she's aware of her new skill yet so she often gets backed into a corner and then whimpers for a bit.  The other day while cleaning our kitchen I was listening to some Adele music.  Jackson was helping me and he started singing with the music.  It was so adorable.  I loved it!  I couldn't get him to do it as much when Kyle came home though so I'll have to be vigilant with the camera.

Things around here have been pretty chill.  My mom came down last week to visit with her sisters.  It was nice to see some of them and slightly strange to be one of the taller adults in the room.  I mean, I'm with children all day so they are really small but when I'm out with adults, I'm usually the short one.  I have been sewing a lot and I made some really cute stuff for Claire.  I was going to save it for her birthday but I couldn't wait any more and just decided to use them anyhow.

bloomers 

This is my new favorite thing to do-french seams-all the seams are encased and it gives it a pretty and finished look.

see! no fringed or frayed hems!

Claire's birthday photo shoot.  We might go get it professionally done.

Jack putting his alphabet puzzle together.  He can pretty much name every letter of the alphabet when I point to them. 
Jack's first snow angel.  I had to move his arms for him ha!

That is Jack's hand in the bottom of the photo.  This snow was REALLY sticky.

Insanity has been kicking my behind. I'm sure many of my old coaches would be impressed at the shape I'm in now.  Don't get me wrong, I have a ways to go but I'm feeling fit and full of energy.  Every night I start to dread my workout but I never regret doing it.  I also like to use pinterest for motivation.  Haha, I found this one the other day and was going to take a picture of me last night to prove I worked hard but decided to spare you from that scene.  


I just wanted to give a shout out to my love, Kyle.  In high school, I had fun and what not.  I wasn't a popular kid but I was by no means someone that got bullied or picked on.  I had friends and such and I had a fun time in high school.  But now that I'm older and separated from that time of my life I have noticed that I did not like high school.  It wasn't because of any particular experiences but rather I think I had pretty low self esteem.  I don't think I realized it though.  I didn't ever feel pretty, I felt (for lack of a better word) fat.  I always felt fat and I wasn't really that big.  I was overweight (I still am actually) but I was athletic and involved.  I was talented in music and in sports but I was always self conscious about my appearance and felt I was not pretty enough, thin enough, or funny enough.  When I started my sophomore year of college, I somehow had lost 30 lbs.  To be honest I don't know how but I think it had to do with some health problems that surfaced later.  I noticed I was treated differently when I was smaller but I still had a lot of the insecurities I had when I was bigger.   I even went a full year- a full year at BYU mind you- without being asked out on a date.  Talk about depressing. Anyways, Kyle eventually asked me out and we started dating and I noticed my self confidence grew.  Kyle made me feel pretty, and loved, and worth something.  I remember he came over to the apartment before we were dating and I had just worked out.  I had showered and was letting my frizzy hair air dry, I didn't have any makeup on and I was in an old t-shirt and basketball shorts.  He saw me the way I am MOST of the time.   But he wanted to spend time with me, he liked me.  Even during the break ups we had I retained a lot of that self confidence-it was like a gift Kyle gave me.  So looking back, I'm pretty sure that's why I didn't enjoy high school.  I'm so thankful to have a husband who makes me feel beautiful.  After two kids and the scars to prove it, Kyle still makes me feel beautiful and loved.   That means all the world to me.


3 comments:

Katja said...

I love your sewing! I think you should start an Etsy shop. :) You could just add one little thing at a time and you don't have to make a ton of each item, if it's sold it's gone! What do you think?

Robbin and Sarah said...

We are happy to have Kyle, too.

tawna said...

Adorable kids. Awesome Sewing. Way to work out.

and Holy how-awesome-was-that-tribute? seriously. What a good, good man. I think it also just goes to show what an amazing lady YOU are- some girlies only snag a man by the 'outside'- you got it goin' on Inside AND out.

holla!