Dec 11, 2011

Oh man, what a day.  It's been a little crazy here at our house.  Although, it seems like our house is always crazy so maybe crazy is our new normal.  Anyhow....the kiddos are exhausted from going to Christmas parties and interrupted naps and when kids are tired and cranky-so are parents.  :(  It's kind of a bummer.  Claire has been crying all day pretty much.  Well she's fine when I hold her and sometimes when Kyle holds her so we have basically been taking shifts to keep our sanity.  This girl is tenacious I tell ya.  Right now she doesn't want to sleep and she probably won't for quite a while but she's over tired and needs to sleep.  Eventually she will succumb, eventually.

Jack has been pretty comical today too.  We had tithing settlement at six.  Jack, being the squirmy two year old he is, almost did a face plant off his chair and onto the floor in front of the Bishop's desk.  I was amazed how Kyle and I both caught hold of Jack's britches simultaneously without breaking eye contact with the Bishop.  I guess it's just become second nature to catch active children from falling/jumping/sprawling to their death.  Jack then proceeded to crawl around on the floor, climb on other chairs, and turn off the lights.  It gets dark fairly quickly here and the office seemed pitch black.  To top it off, Jack gave us the "red stare" along with a toot, and we knew that was our cue to leave.

I thought it was going to be a nice evening with the kids going peacefully to sleep after we packed them into their warm beds for the evening.  In fact, Jack insisted that Claire sleep in her crib (A sweet moment I'm sure all parents love).  We usually put her to sleep in our bed and then put her in the crib when we go to bed.  Not tonight though-Jack NEEDED Claire to sleep in her crib next to his bed.  So Claire is screaming her head off, refusing to go to sleep and I feel bad for Jack except he asked for it, he LITERALLY asked for it.  I suppose this is the start of them getting used to sharing a room and it has to start some time.  At least Jack initiated it, he wants to share a room with his little sister (well, tonight).  Jack's a good big brother and Claire absolutely LOVES him, he makes her laugh all the time.  As long as I can witness those moments of love and compassion, these cranky, crazy, frazzled nights won't seem so bad.

P.S. it is finally silent in our house.

This morning while watching Music and the Spoken Word. 


 All ready for church or the CIA

I mentioned Claire was tenacious, I suppose stubborn could be used or strong headed/willed.  This is the scene after I tried to feed her with a bottle.  We made progress and she was okay holding it but still will not drink from it.  Believe me, it's not the content, it's the fact that it comes from a bottle.  I think I took Jack's easy-going nature for granted, they are so different.  At seven and a half months, Claire's personality is already shining through. I love being their mommy!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Your kids sound so much like mine! Dayt was so easygoing we got away with everything. Addelyn though is complete opposite, more like Claire! Sorry for crazy days. Glad you got some peace and hope tomorrow is better!

Robbin and Sarah said...

Those small rewards of smiles and laughter can get you through a lot of trials and heartaches. Love you, keep up the good work!