Jack is saying lots more words. He has learned the word "NO". We avoided saying it for the longest time but I suppose he just picked it up from us or from nursery or TV. I realized that he will be using it around the house and so we can't keep Claire from learning it either. I suppose that only works with the first child. It is so stinking cute when he says it though, I sometimes ask him questions just so he'll say it. He also says "nose" but it sounds like no. We have to read his body language to determine what he means. He says daddy like "die-ee" which is really entertaining but sounds bad when he starts saying mommy and daddy because it sounds like "mommy die-ee!" It gets a little awkward when we are out of the house. He loves to play Ring Around the Rosies and he was doing the Itsy Bitsy Spider for an afternoon but now hates the song. I am excited for his birthday too. We're pretty much gonna have cake and open presents, no games or nothin' but he's young so that will be enough.
A precious moment that happened the other night was during our FHE. Jack was sitting next to me while I was holding Claire and he was playing This Little Piggie with her. He basically jabbers while touching toes and then he looks up and tickles you. Well he did this to Claire and she looked at him and started laughing while he was tickling her. It was just so sweet. He also pretends to read to her and he likes to try and pick her up. If she's fussy, he gives her her binkie. He's a good big brother.
Yesterday a centipede crawled out of some dish rags I was picking up. I screamed SO LOUD and SO LONG. I distinctly remember thinking it was a really long scream while I was screaming but I just couldn't stop. I scared Jack who was a few feet away and Kyle came bolting in wondering what was wrong. It wiggled away before I could squish it but I read that they eat spiders so I'm okay with that now. As long as he doesn't show up again. Ew. It did get me thinking how strange it is that I scream when groddy bugs appear. They are tiny and he was probably freaked out that a giant monster was screaming at him. I wonder if bugs ever get freaked out by smaller bugs. Like a tarantula jumps when it sees an ant. I saw a Mythbusters and elephants really seem scared of mice. Not just small things either, it was specifically mice.
Anywho, the weather has changed and I made Claire Bear a jacket which I will show you now:
Rice Cereal for the first time.
Stickers!
Fluffy bun and little leggings.
Wearing my Mai Tai carring a bear.
1 comment:
Your kids are SOOOO cute! I really do want to come visit Utah next year and I want to see you guys!:O)
Post a Comment