Mar 7, 2011

Well, my computer, which is five years old, has decided to not let my usb ports work anymore. This makes using my iPod, printing and uploading photos difficult among other things. It is slowly dying and one day will finally throw in the towel but for now, it will have to work.

We have switched to cloth diapering almost full time. We still use the disposables during church and overnight. I made Jack some woolies and longies that I might try for overnight use but I'm still nervous to try. I made all those diapers and then was too chicken to try them. Then on facebook I signed up for the Change Three Things Challenge and have been cloth diapering since. So far it's been a pretty good experience. I am especially impressed that Kyle decided to learn how to change Jack and now willingly does it. I'm glad we aren't dishing out money as much for diapers too-it feels good to find ways to budget and implement them so quickly.

Our sweet son has learned to climb on top of chairs and the couch. The other day I walked in to find Jack had closed my laptop and was standing on top of it. I was first glad he didn't fall off the desk and I was also glad he didn't break the monitor, Jack is not a lightweight kid. He has also climbed on chairs next to me while I was sewing and loves to climb up one end of the couch and slide off the other. When I was younger my grandpa made me an elephant foot stool and I think we will need to retrieve that from my house soon. It's fun to watch Jack learn but it also scares the life out of me.

Today is my 31 week mark. I am having a scheduled c-section so I only have 8 weeks (at the most) to go. I have started to notice some swelling in my hands and feet but my shoes still fit and I can still slide my wedding bands on and off. This is a HUGE difference from the last pregnancy. We can't wait for our little Claire to arrive (that's right-we are set on this name). It will be a whole new experience to have two babies to look after. THANKFULLY Jack will be 18 months and can go into the nursery at church. I look forward to that because Jack really likes to play and Kyle and I really like to listen to the lessons. It's a win win for everybody.

We haven't talked to Jack about a new family member mostly because he is 16 months and he would not get it at all. Yesterday though I was thinking about what a blessing it is to have them so close together. I remember a time when I was afraid of getting a little brother and my mom loving him more than me. Silly now but I was so worried about it. When I found out I was pregnant I was so sad that Jack would feel jealous and upset and angry. Well, he's only going to be a year and a half. I don't know if he will have developed those feelings by then but I do know that as far as Jack will remember, he will have always had a little sister and that makes me glad. Even if we have to go through a rough patch in the beginning, Jack won't remember it. I hope they become best friends and I can't wait to see them grow up together.

We have been teaching Jack how to eat out of a bowl on his own. It's super messy but it allows us all to eat at the same time. Jack is learning so well-he really does amaze me. He has some sign language down like "more", "eat", and my favorite "please." He signs "more" when he wants something too but he'll eventually be able to differentiate. We tried to teach him "finished" but it has been modified to "done" and we just hold up our hands like we're shrugging. He does that one pretty well. He has signed "milk" but not consistently and right now we are trying to teach him "thank you" and "cracker." Jack also waves good bye to his dad in the morning and will fold his arms for a short period before the prayer. Lately he has decided to yell and scream during prayers but I think he just wants to be the one to say them. The folding arms is the cutest thing ever because we never deliberately taught him that one. He will also fold his arms after a hymn when we are at church. He knows the word button and kind find buttons when we ask him to and he also knows what a binks is (binkie). I love asking him to find his binks because he holds up his arm and flexes his wrist like he just shot a basket ball and then walks around like that searching for it. It's like they are magnetically drawn to each other.

As for everything else-life is wonderful. Daily I am reminded of how blessed I am to have married Kyle because we really have a great life together. We have Jackson who is cuter than I could have ever imagined and we are going to have our little girl soon. It's exciting to see how far we've come from being friends way back when.


In his longies I made




Like father like son

Just chillin

Eating by himself

Bassinet cover I made for Claire. The bassinet was FREE as was the fabric I raided from my mom's house and thus the total cost was...$0.00


Sunday afternoon after church-what a charmer :)

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Sorry I haven't commented in so long, but I do keep up on your blog! Your Jack is so cute! And I really like the name Claire. I hope things go well in the next few weeks! And, I love love the bassinet cover you made - you are so talented!

Fab Five said...

We like the name Claire too, it's precious! I've been thinking about switching over to cloth diapers but I'm too much of a wuss and I don't have my own washer and dryer!

Jenn Miyamoto said...

So adorable!! And way to go on the cloth diapering. Sometimes I wish I had the courage to do it too.