Nov 22, 2010

Exhaustion

I am beat. I cannot believe how tired I have been lately. I'm sure it has to do with being pregnant but adding a one year old that likes to put everything in his mouth and climb on anything probably exaggerates it a bit more. Jack is growing up so fast I can't believe it. He has started vocalizing a TON. My favorite part is when he uses gestures. I don't know if they have anything to do with what he's saying but he likes to use his hands a lot when he talks.

Lately sleep has been kind of weird. It seems like I sleep really well at night but I am still rather tired in the morning. Also, I have been having some crazy dreams. For example, I dreamed that I went back in time to the first time Kyle and I met and I didn't want to screw anything up cuz I knew we would fall in love and get married. I was so torn because I wanted to tell Kyle everything and tell him how cute Jack was, etc., but it could totally throw us off course. In one part of the dream I told Kyle I had been on a time machine but then chickened out and told him it was a plane actually cuz time is different the further away you are from the earth. I could feel nerdy-ness oozing from my body and was completely embarrassed. Pregnancy dreams are awesome and give me a good laugh, they also make me grateful for what I have and what I've gone through to get where I am.

My brain has left my body-or at least it is beginning it's departure. My calling at church is to direct the sacrament hymns. It's a pretty simple job-so I thought. Usually I'm worried about getting off beat or screwing up the organist by directing funny. However, this last Sunday was probably the worst yet funniest things that could every happen. It was ward conference and we were singing the closing hymn. The chorus on the hymn was the same for each verse which sometimes confuses me cuz I can't tell what verse I'm on. I cut everyone off and put the stand to the side wondering why no one was coming up to say the closing prayer. It was dead silent for an awkward amount of time until I heard the organist go "ummm." That's when I looked at the hymn book and realized we hadn't sung the last verse. I quickly put my stand back and started the last verse. I'm glad my skin is fairly dark cuz if it weren't I would have been about as red as a rose. It was impressive that nobody started the last verse. I just assumed I was up there for show but I guess not. Anyways, I got a lot of compliments that day and woke some people up in the meeting.

So there's our update. Kyle goes to work very diligently and has to open a few times so he leaves pretty early in the morning, but it's so nice to have him home. He really does a lot when he's here and I can't imagine parenting without him. Thanksgiving is this Thursday. I'm pretty excited and kind of nervous. I think everything will go okay and if the food gets really messed up I suppose we can always go to Chuck-o-Rama or something. Here's a pic of Jack out on our walk today. It was a little chilly. Oh and please excuse the runny nose. We didnt' have any tissues with us.


1 comment:

Robbin and Sarah said...

oh poor runny nose. It must be cold. He looks like he is having fun though. I am sure he likes your walks together.