Nov 3, 2010

Birthday and Halloweeeeeeeeen!

Jackson had his first birthday party on October 30th. My sister was so great and hosted it at her house along with purchasing a bazillion delicious cupcakes. Yum Yum!!! I made Jack a carrot cake with vanilla frosting. Kyle and I thought it would be best to go with the "healthiest" cake available. Meh, he'll eventually be eating candy like every other kid.

The get together was a lot of fun. My aunt who lives in Springville came to the party along with Kyle's sister, nephew and mom. My parents, and my brother and his wife came down for the party. They brought their dogs as well ( I mention the dogs because the owners consider them a member of the family). Anyways, Jack was a little overwhelmed by the party and didn't really know what to do with the cake but it was great fun and Jack now has enough toys to last him at least two more years. Here are some pics-I don't know why but I didn't get a picture of our little family on Jack's birthday. I was kicking myself for it but oh well, maybe I don't want to remember how we all looked-it WAS Halloween.



The get up


Fabulous and yummy cupcakes and Jack's carrot cake.


I think this overwhelmed him the most, all the presents and I didn't even stop him from pulling off the paper.

Jackson likes to open cards. This one is from the Brown's and Corley's. He was very excited.

A little car from his mom and dad. It pops when its pushed.


Hot Wheels from my sis. Luckily, Jack's cousin Jordan was there to show him how to play with the little cars. Jordan's so great with Jack.


A fun truck from his G.ma and G.pa Fisher.


A little excited about the flames...


And...he doesn't know what to do with the cake.


hmmm.....


He tried a little bit after rubbing it in his hair.


And I think he likes it :)

Later that night we had our traditional Halloween dinner. It was a lot of fun making it and Kyle's mom got to join us as well. Jackson was a hoot! He spent most of his afternoon playing with his new toys and eventually my dad lulled him to sleep around 4. By the time the dinner came around he was acting pretty kooky. I love this kid!

I dressed Jack up for the Halloween dinner. We didn't go out but I really wanted to make him a costume. Jack was Charlie Brown for Halloween. Kyle was dressed like Steve Jobs. I guess the whole computer department wore these shirts for Halloween. I thought it was pretty funny.




As a side note-so you understand what was being talked about on this video-for Halloween we have meatloaf in the shape of rats, ghost mashed potatoes and witches fingers (steamed asparagus). So when he says the head fell off, he was talking about his meatloaf.



This went on for about five minutes. I don't know how he learned Peek-a-Boo but he picked it up and loves it.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

What a fun birthday and Halloween! I love his Charlie Brown costume! Good job!