We had a nice barbeque, got some gabbing in, watched movies and Kyle and I got to go out on a date. HOORAY!! It is so rare for us to spend alone time together not in the house. We went to Texas Roadhouse and had some yummy dishes. Then we saw Ironman 2 which was pretty great. We also don't go out to movies much. My parents were wonderful about watching Jack and he did great with them too.
His Grandma Fisher got him a whole lot of summer outfits and some socks that he desperately needed. He also got two new sets of pajamas cuz the other ones were getting small. The pajamajams are really cute. One of them has monkeys on the feet and the other has little dinosaur claws.
Jacks getting close to crawling. I don't know when he'll actually do it. He scoots a bit but not much and he roles up onto his knees and tries to push himself up with his toes. He has started make noises like ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba non stop. It's fun. Jack used to just sing and now he does consonants. He giggles a ton and loves his toys, he is just an all around sweetheart.
Here are the pics from the weekend.
I love his "don't mess with me" face. It's so cute.
My parents.
So we were trying to get a family pic. I don't like the way I look in this one and Jackson looks HILARIOUS. Kyle looks great though. So I took his face...
and combined it with this picture to make...

this one!
Perfecto!
A Civil War canon. Every year they have a ceremony at the Veterans Cemetery in Boise (I don't know if it's in Boise proper, it's right on the border of Eagle). They do the 21 gun salute with guns, these canons, release doves, have a plane fly by with the Missing Man formation and play Taps. It's very solemn and feels like a funeral but I guess it's because we are remembering the veterans who died. For those who don't know-my family is full of veterans. My dad grew up in the Air Force because my grandpa was a fighter pilot. Now I have four uncles that entered the military, three returning to the Air Force do this is a very important day for us.
This is my Grandma
Jackers all bundled up. It was about to rain and it was a little bit chilly. He did well. My uncle asked how we kept him so quiet during the whole thing. I told him it's the binkie and we're just trying to keep my uncle in business (he's a dentist).
Me and Kyle
It was a great day. It was nice to be able to see my Grandpa. He's getting a lot older but I introduced him to Jack and he was very happy to meet him.
On another note-
I have been cooking stuff from my friend's blog and I love it and I think you should try it out. Some of you already know Britt but here's her blog and you can click on this to get directed to it. It's easy, cheap and the food sounds, smells and TASTES delicious! Enjoy-

1 comment:
Great job on the pic! Looks like you guys had a great weekend!
Post a Comment