I took this picture the other day. Kyle got a package in the mail and I thought it would be fun to take a picture of Jack in the box. I dunno where the idea came from but we did it. Now I have something to answer Jack's questions. Just kidding.
Life has been pretty good lately. I have been running and taking care of Jack. Kyle is doing well at work and the weather is nice enough that he can ride his bike. I miss riding my bike. It was a freedom-cycle to me. Every time I ride I am amazed that all this bike needs are my two legs. With these two legs I can go fast and I can go almost anywhere. It will be fun to take Jack out on the bike.
Tomorrow is the Rex Lee run. I am doing the 5k. My knees still hurt so we'll see how I do. I just hope to finish. If I walk it I could take Jack...I'll decide in the morning. Yesterday I tried to run 7 miles because that's where I'm at in my training. When I got to the 4th mile I had to go to the bathroom (sorry that's probably TMI). I thought about where I could stop and I was going to be coming up on a McDonald's soon. As I hurried my knees began to hurt. They hurt so bad. I was getting upset because the first half was going great! I wasn't pushing too hard but I was moving along well and I felt comfortable. I felt like I was reserving stuff for the end which is what I wanted to do. My knees were hurting so bad though that I had to walk. UGHH!!! I thought that maybe after I took my pit stop I'd feel ready to run again but this was not so. GRRR!!! When I tried to run I would get horrible surges of pain. I was super angry because I was about two miles away from my house and I would have to walk the rest of it. I decided that if I was going to walk, then I would have to walk fast. I might as well burn as many calories as I can while I'm out. It was cold and windy but I made it home. I have never had to deal with these problems when running. I cannot believe how junkie my knees are being. I'll definitely take it easy tomorrow but I hope they feel fine so I can run and continue training.
Well enough about all that stuff. I have been reading a lot of running and exercise blogs so it's been on my mind lately.
Jack is as cute as ever. I went to BYU today to pick something up and he was charming all the ladies with his gummy smile. He is adorable. Lately he has been having problems calming down. He'll get hungry and if we wait too long to feed him he'll freak out and it takes at least a half hour to calm him down. Don't think we starve this kid - I mean look at him. He's chunky chunky (and we love every roll and chin)! He also only sleeps about two hours at a time and then gets up. I have been pretty exhausted. Even with all this I know that one day it will stop. One day he will sleep through the night. One day he will be able to ask for food in English and he'll be able to understand my responses. One day he will be getting ready to go on a mission and I won't be able to rock him to sleep. One day I won't be the coolest person in the world to him but I will be his mom-which is pretty much better than anything else.
Here's the pics!
His gig line was crooked-darn!
Napping

Look at those rolls!!
I try and move his head back but he just gets upset so I leave him.

3 comments:
adorable!!! that is all i have to say.
What a CUTIE!!!
He's so cute! And it was great to see you running this morning! I feel like we haven't seen you in SO long! Hope you can keep up your training without hurting. :)
Post a Comment