I LOVE ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
It's not really a big deal but I love wearing green and I love the color green and I love that it marks the beginning of spring! The weather was beautiful today. Mid-60's is a good place to be. When the weather is warm here it is fabulous. There are plenty of trails to walk and the houses are beautiful. Everything smells great (cuz we live south of the Point of the Mountain ergo sans scummy air). Today I took Jack out on a walk-we usually go on walks of some sort now that we can leave the house without freezing to death. It was bright and beautiful and just great. When I lived in Seattle we would go weeks without sunshine-i-ness. It was strange because you don't really notice it until the sun DOES come out and suddenly you can feel your mood changing. It's cheery and wonderful.
Training is going fairly well. My knees still hurt. I was thinking today that maybe I should invest in some Bengay. This was after watching a Golden Girls episode. I'm too cheap to buy some of that stuff though. I've been icing and so far so good. I will need to keep my running down hills to a minimum-that's when they really start to hurt.
Jack is being adorable as usual. He drools non stop and I have given up trying to stay dry with him. When we are in public I wipe his hands and face a bit more but I have decided to keep it to a minimum because wiping so much can chap his face and that's sad :( He is learning to use his pinchers (just in time for St. Patty's!) I love watching him play with his toys. I used to put them in front of him and he wouldn't do anything (he was about two months old). He chews and drools on them. It's very reassuring for me that he is learning.
I have attempted to plant a mini garden again. Last year I tried it and a few things sprouted but they never produced anything. It was sad. This year I tried germinating the seeds and they really took off so the other day I replanted them. I hope that my herbs turn out. My peas are shooting up like bean sprouts -PUN INTENDED.
So that's life! Kyle is working hard. Jack is playing hard and I'm living the high life. Peace out!
Oh yeah-here's my kiddo RAZZING

1 comment:
So cute! Good luck with your training.
Post a Comment