Mar 2, 2010

conglomerate

I always have these great aspirations to write funny, witty and entertaining posts. In reality I usually forget what I was writing or forget what I wanted to write about. I find it interesting that I long to write posts on my blog when only two years ago I was counting down the days to get out of school and never write a paper ever again. Funny how life is. Things have been going fairly well in the Brown house. I finally tackled the dishes and was able to get the laundry done. It was touch and go for a while but lately things have looked nice around here...at least in my opinion they do. The weather is getting better and Jack is growing up. I was thinking about Jack while brushing my teeth last night and was amazed that there is no end. For nine months-well eight really-I couldn't wait to meet my baby. It was a continual countdown and then "poof" he was here. (And it really was like a poof-he was born c-section with an hours notice and no contractions or labor). Now I don't countdown the days until he is one or 15 or 20 but I look back at all the days that have gone by and miss them. Having Jackson is the best thing ever. I have never experienced so much patience and love. About a week after we brought him home I got so sad that he was growing up. Kyle reminded me that that happens and in truth I don't want Jackson living with us forever. I want him to grow and learn and meet a sweet young lady and get married and have a family of his own. I like to wonder what Jackson will be like as a teenager. I snuggle with him in the morning but one day Jack won't want me to snuggle with him in the morning. He's only four months old but time seems to go by so fast...

My brother and sister convinced me to train for a half marathon a while back. Now my sister can't run because she junked up her ankle (sad day) but my brother is still in it. He gave me a call the other day to see how my training was going. To be honest I was pretty much done with training. I can run about 9 miles a week. It's not much and it's a good start but my knees were killing me. I couldn't walk in my off days. This was a new experience for me and I was not liking it. Before I got pregnant I was somewhat active. I wasn't some svelt athlete that was buff and could run for hours on end. No, but I could get out and jog if I wanted to. After having Jackson everything has changed. It has been pretty much a year since I really worked out. I had no stamina and I had no strength. So when my bro called I wanted to throw in the towel. He gave me a little pep talk and we discussed training schedules. It was totally what I needed. I have started up my running again and I know we are going to do this half marathon. It's a few weeks away. I put a little countdown timer on my desktop :) I just need to figure out how to pay for it. Who knew that people would pay so much to run long distances and do it by choice...I must be crazy but I suppose that's okay.

Doing dishes really gives me time to ponder the things of my life. Considering I have dish duty a lot and I put it off a lot so that I get a lot of dishes-I have a lot of time to think. I am absolutely in love my husband. He will probably read this so I will try not to get too mushy (hey babe! xoxo). He reassures me, he listens to me and when something is wrong he helps find a solution that will work for the both of us. He provides for our family. He is very punctual. He's honest and patient (is that how it's spelled?) and smart. I think the best thing is that we have fun. There are times when we goof off for hours, we joke and laugh. I love that that hasn't changed since Jack came too. Everything changes with a baby-it's not bad it's just different. You can't go out as easily, you have someone else to take care of. Things are just different. I am so glad I have Kyle forever. He's mine. The other day we went to the temple and I looked at his left hand. It warms my heart to see that wedding ring, to know that he is MY husband and that he chose to spend forever with me. So even though I absolutely despise doing dishes, at least they help me remember how in love I am with my husband.



Jack has started sucking his hand and he was going at it on his two fingers. It was pretty bad, they turned red with little hickies. I took a pic to show our friend Tawna.

The boppy cover I made. It has things to play with during tummy time and it's covered in dinosaur bones. YESSSSS!!!!!


Trying to get a pic with Jack, sans makeup.


He's learning to sit up right now. This is a few seconds before he toppled. We keep practicing...

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow! He is so cute! I love the picture of you two!

Brittany Evans said...

I love your posts Cynthia! You have the cutest little family ever and it makes me so happy that you are just loving it! Even though you probably experience frustrating or difficult moments at times, you always highlight the good stuff and you truly love life. I love that! :)

Jill Co. said...

i love the gorilla style fists glued to the floor...gosh he so freakin' cute!!!