Our trip started out horribly. We got to the SLC airport only to find out that Las Vegas flights had been cancelled due to snow. It hardly ever snows in Vegas and we had picked our tickets to fly through there because of that very fact. After about an hour of waiting we got put on a plane to the Midway Airport in CHICAGO!! Woot Woot right? Well it was okay. The flight got in around 11 pm and there were hardly any food places open. I was starving because we hadn't eaten and the first place we found was a chili dog restaurant that served some not-so-great chili dogs. Out connecting flight to Nashville left at 6 am the next day so we stayed in the airport. Amazingly Midway provides cots and pillows and blankets for everyone that spends the night in the airport. I was so surprised! Kyle and I didn't sleep though. Instead we caught up on Heroes and Prison Break. In the morning the airport provided us with a little bag of toilettries like deoderant, a toothbrush, toothpaste and a comb. I thought that was really nice and thoughtful. I came in handy too. We were off to Nashville and I was soooooooo excited!
When we landed we waited for our bags but (dun dun DUNNNNN) they didn't show up. When our flight got switched from Las Vegas to Chicago we were never informed that we needed to pick up and re-check our bags in Midway so the bags were in Chicago. It was really upsetting for me because I hadn't slept yet AND because the mix up was a wather related issue they would not be able to FedEx them to Sevierville which is three hours away from Nashville. The baggage lady that took our claim at Southwest offered to drive them out to us after her shift though which was really nice.
So-I get a call later saying that one of our bags has turned up in Salt Lake!! Some how, a bag that I had placed inside another suit case was removed and then sent back to Salt Lake because it had a flight tag on it from a year ago. It took about 5 days for us to get our bags and it was FrUStRaTiNg!!!! UGH. I was so upset but when the FedEx man showed up with our final bag everything went away and I was pleased as could be. Luckily our flight back was nothing like that.
Here are a few pics of us in Tennessee. It was GrEaT!!!!



3 comments:
ugh that's so frustrating!! I'm glad everything worked out in the end. How long were you guys in Tennessee? We are going to apply for the optometry school there. your pictures are way cute. I'm glad you had fun after the fact.
That is one of the worst airline stories I have heard. So sorry!
Oh man, you guys have some of the worst luck! I'm glad you made it home okay!
Post a Comment