Sep 15, 2015

Back to Work



School has started.  Jack is in Kindergarten and he says he likes it.  The first week was a little tough but I think he's getting the hang of it.  His favorite part is recess-of course.  He sits at the Owl table and knows maybe four kids' names, or at least that's how many he's told me.  I worry so much that he won't be able to make friends but he seems to be doing fine.  I don't know if he has friends or not but he's not telling me he wishes he had more friends or anything so I guess it's not on his radar so I just leave it be.  I'd hate to get him all worried about something he wasn't worried about in the first place.
his new watch
 

not the real first day of preschool
Claire started preschool.  It is across the street (cue heavenly choir singing).  I absolutely love it.  It's three hours twice a week too.  Jack's was three times a week for two hours and I like the three hour schedule more-it gives me more time to get stuff done.  I accidentally got the first day mixed up so I took Claire over a week early.

I felt horrible.  We had been so excited for her and then had to walk home because I was wrong and school started the next week.  It was super anticlimactic.  She was a good sport about it though.  Claire also started dance.  We've only been once but I think she's enjoying it.  She enjoys the leotard at least, ha.  She loves to dance so much, I hope this is a good experience for her.

Her REAL first day of Preschool
Just wearing her new leotard
Kate is being her usual self.  She loves Loves LOVES to dance.  It cracks me up.  She gets her hips moving and then she throws one arm up in the air and sways along.  It is hilarious to watch but I'm glad she does it.  It brightens my day.  I think Kate might be able to say Mama and Dada but I'm not sure.  She really isn't talking yet but I'm not too concerned about that.  We need to get rid of her binky but I'm kinda dreading that.  Don't most parents?  I direct the music at church and so Kyle sits with the kids through the first part of church and I don't know if taking away the binky is such a good idea right now because of that.
 Speaking of which-Kate also likes to open books and sing and move her arm around and sing.  I think she just might like me.

I've been enjoying this new structure in my life. I forgot how nice it was to have a schedule to follow but having Jack in school everyday has made me a bit more productive.  It's been so long since I was in school or since I had a formal job.  I'm glad Jack enjoys kindergarten because I enjoy having him in kindergarten too.

Oh and Kyle loves his job...as always...We just recently went to the SolutionRun where they do a fundraiser for a child lymphoma, leukemia treatment foundation.  It was a little crazy because it was on a Friday and Jack it started before Jack got out of school so I had to come down a bit later.  It was super hot that day and I was just signed up for the open course so we just did a lap, Kyle had done some laps before we came down. They had a lot of fun activities for the kids like a bounce house, a giant slide, face painting and a dunk tank Jack was REALLY looking forward to.  The next day was a ward party where the kids ran around and played on a playground, drowned themselves in lemonade and gorged on brownies.  I think they had a pretty good weekend.
At the SolutionRun

1 comment:

Robbin and Sarah said...

It is wonderful to see the grand babies. We love them so much.