Jul 15, 2015

Check out my minivan. 

 Okay, okay, so it's not a minivan but it works taking my kids out in the morning.  We've only done it a few times because it is so dang hot.  It is fun though.  Claire was begging to go on a bike ride the other day so we set out the next morning down to Saratoga Springs in search of some parks.  Let me just say, I love where we live.  We are literally walking distance, well adult walking distance away from the Provo/Jordan River trail which is a paved hiking, walking, biking trail that follows the Jordan River.  I grew up in Boise and it's similar to the Green Belt-only more deserty.  So we hopped on that and headed down to Utah Lake which is also a jogging distance away and oh my I was having flash backs to being in Seattle.  Granted, Utah Lake is no Pudget Sound, but it was so beautiful to see the waves on the water and the mountains and just the calmness of it all.  I'm pretty sure we'll be making a few more exploritory trips that way.  The whole area is pretty flat which is pretty nice when you're towing three kids.   We are for real hoping to buy a car soon, before Jack starts school.




Speaking of school-JACK STARTS KINDERGARTEN NEXT MONTH!!!!! 
Holy smokes how the time has flown by.  It seems like yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital...okay not yesterday but I cannot believe he's going to be starting school.  I feel like once he's in school, time is going to speed up.  Once he starts then Claire will start and then Kate and then they will be graduating and getting married and having babies and .... and... oh goodness.  So maybe not quite like that.  I'm super excited for him and super nervous for him.  Kids can be sweet and they can be mean.  I worry that he won't make friends and I worry that he won't be a friend.  I think all mothers go through this and I'm sure it will all work out.





Last week my dad was in town.  It was a lot of fun getting to spend time with him.  My kids loved it.  As soon as I mentioned that Grandpa was coming over they took off to find pennies so Grandpa could do magic tricks for them (we had about two hours before Grandpa was coming).  I love that my kids know their Grandpa Fisher.  We hit up Costco and Harbor Freight to get some electric fly swatters (there is a bit of a fly situation in the area I live in but I could do a whole post on that...another time).  Then my dad babysat the kids so Kyle and I could got out on a date.  It was nice to get out of the house and get dinner.  The kids love playing with their Grandpa and get excited to see him.  We called and sang Happy Birthday to him on Sunday because...well because it was his birthday obviously.  Then they took turns talking to him on the phone.  Jack likes to learn jokes so he can share them with his Grandpa.  I found a book at Savers full of knock knock jokes and Jack was memorizing them so he would be all prepared when Grandpa came to visit.  They love it.  Plus Grandpa always brings planes or rockets to fly which is a hit with Jack and Claire and one day Kate, although she does like to chew on them.






No comments: