After we came back from Tennessee we had my family's family reunion that weekend and then my parents stayed because they were going to Education Week at BYU. Jack and Claire got to see their grandma and grandpa and aunt quite a bit that week and I was glad my parents enjoyed their Christmas present (Education Week). On Friday my parents wanted to take us out to dinner before they left so we picked a place in Springville called Joe Banditos. It was pretty good and I wish we could have stayed longer however we had a bit of an incident. When we got seated Jack started asking for some ice. We got him some water with ice but he started whining a lot saying his tummy hurt. Usually he says his tummy hurts when he's eaten too much or when he has to poop so I took him to the bathroom. When I brought him back he was upset I put him in a high chair and was whining A LOT at that point. He kept saying his tummy hurt but he wouldn't poop so I didn't know what to do and figured he was just being a stinker and didn't want to go out to eat. I was about to pick him up to take him to the bathroom again and put a diaper on him when he suddenly threw up in the restaurant. I didn't know what to do and Kyle was telling me to pick him up and get him out of the restaurant so I did pick him up however as soon as I had him over my shoulder he threw up AGAIN and this time I guess it splattered a little girl at another table. I didn't want to run with him through tables of people and have him through up all over them so I just stood there holding him, unsure of what to do next. Kyle then grabbed Jack and took him to the bathroom. (Kyle has experience carrying a vomiting child fyi). So my parents got the check and we packed up all our food and headed home. It was a bit embarrassing but I was glad I was with my parents (and if memory serves me right, they have been in somewhat similar situations with their kids as well) and I'm glad we didn't pick a place outside of Springville cuz we were able to make it home quickly. Jack didn't through up any more but he did go to sleep fairly early. Poor kid. He didn't want me to hold him but requested his dad and fell asleep in Kyle's arms while sitting in the chair with him. OH and the next day he was just fine and dandy. Musta been something he ate I guess.
Claire has learned to climb the stairs, and climb down them but she likes to scoot on her butt down the stairs and it scares me to death. I guess we'll need to get a gate soon. She is sure growing. She's not walking yet but she is putting a lot of energy into communication. She says uh-oh, momma, hello, hi, daddy (I think), and Baa (aka Boo). Just yesterday she started saying puppy but I'm not sure if it's consistent enough to call it a word. She was repeating me when I was talking to Jack about a dog barking outside. She also likes to play gotcher nose and will point to her cheek to think when Jack does his Stop.Breathe.and Think. (i'll need to get a video of that). She's a sweet little girl. The other day I put her down for a nap in her pack and play and she took off her diaper. This had been a problem recently and usually I put some bloomers or Jack's undies on her before I put her down to stop her from removing her diaper. That day however was a fail. Kyle came in to get her when she got up and not only had she removed her diaper but had pooped in the pack and play AND she was playing in it. We're pretty sure she ate some...woops.

No comments:
Post a Comment