Jackson has started to hate nursery. It's a struggle trying to get out the door but I am hopeful this phase will pass quickly. He is also picking up more words and habits. Lately he does really well with imitating. The other night Kyle tossed a bell pepper slice onto Jack's plate. Jack then proceeded to throw food across the table just as he was shown. Kyle was playing hide and seek with Jack and to get his attention would go "psst." Jack then continued to do that while hiding but just making the "p" sound really. I also walked around the corner to find Kyle and Jack doing push ups together. Jack likes to walk around in my shoes and has figured out how to run through the sprinklers. He likes to jump which is basically him moving his knees up and down and marching in place.
What Jack likes to call my Bubble Shoes
Claire is grabbing toys now and putting them in her mouth. She likes to stand up but thankfully LOVES to cuddle still. I can tell her brother stresses her out quite a bit but there are good moments when she doesn't break down into sobs after he kisses her. Lately Jack likes to put his arm around her in the stroller. Sometimes she's okay with it and other times not so much. Also, if you can get her attention she will usually smile at you and it's a big gummy smile. LOVE! She talks and likes to blow bubbles. Also, she LOVES LOVES LOVES baths. I started just putting an inch or two in the regular tub (not the infant tub) and I lay her in there. She kicks and squeals and smacks the water with her arms. Maybe she'll be a swimmer-who knows.
I bet she's dreaming that she can fly.
Everyday I am realizing more and more that I am growing up. My birthday is next month (heads up Kyle!) and I will be turning 26. That's really not that old but it is surprising because I still feel like I'm 21 for the most part. The other day I found some grey hair. Now I've always had a few, but I parted my hair and there were five just sitting pretty on my head, happy as clams. In fact I keep or rather kept finding more and more. I suppose that it's a result of having Jack ha ha, but I decided to something about it. I dyed my hair and thought a lighter color might be nice but man do I hate it. Note to self-never go blonde. When I mentioned to Kyle that I was glad the "freshly dyed" look had gone away he said he didn't even know I had dyed my hair. Fabulous. I laughed, my husband cracks me up almost all the time (it's true Kyle, you do). So luckily it's a washout dye and I can pick a different color later. I don't really enjoy changing hair colors-it was something I did a lot in junior high, but Kyle is blond and will not show grey for a while. I on the other hand will probably have some nice salt and pepper by 30 (if I look at my familial pattern). I don't want to look like I robbed the cradle so until Kyle looks old-er sorry more distinguished- I think this will be a common thing. Ugh, what we do for beauty...
1 comment:
Jackson looks like Kyle, and Claire looks like you! They are darling!!
Post a Comment