We didn't really do much to celebrate New Years Eve. Maybe I'm aging faster than normal but it just doesn't seem like that great of a holiday. That night I decided that New Years Eve was really only exciting for those who drink and kids. We bought some sparkling cider and drank it but honestly, we usually miss the midnight celebration, end up giving a new years kiss around 12:15 and then shuffle off to bed in a sleepy haze. I'm gonna be such a lame parent when it comes to this holiday I think.
One thing we did do that was pretty much amazing was deep fry a turkey. Kyle had wanted to see it happen and try it out and my dad loves to deep fry turkeys so it was a perfect combination. Alton Brown, from the Food Network, instructed that you should never leave a deep frying turkey alone. This was probably the hardest part because it was FREEZING outside and we had to watch it the whole time. To be honest, that might have been the ONLY rule we followed when making this turkey...It was a good thing we watched it though because the gas can ran out of gas and we had to switch mid cooking. The turkey turned out ooh soo yummy and we are now going to do it over Super Bowl weekend which just happens to be my mom's birthday. YAY!!!
Before going to Boise the whole family got sick. I hate getting sick. I hate it worse when Kyle gets sick and now I know I hate it the MOST when my little Jackson is sick. We all got a stomach bug that seemed to have been spreading around. Luckily it was only a 24 hour thing but it really as horrible. Kyle and I got sick about the same time and were useless most of Monday. Jackson's set in on Wednesday. It really broke my heart. I must say though, I'm thankful for the husband I have and everything he does for our family. It truly is a team effort when a little one is sick. After Jack recovered I got hit with a cold. I had been getting it at the beginning of the week and it finally set in hard Wednesday night. I had it all through the weekend in Boise but I am happy to say that I am almost 100%. I finally conceded and took some medicine and was able to get rest. I hope we are done with all the sickness for a while but I'm glad I have this family to help and I'm especially thankful for the Priesthood.
We are now back to our normal schedule and I cannot wait for the snow and ice to melt away. This little girl we're growing is just kicking away and it will be exciting in May to finally meet her. I'll get some pictures in my next post but I thought I should update.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment