Dec 13, 2010

Thoughts on Christmas

This Christmas has been a particularly emotional one for me. Most of it has to do with Jack. I think after having Jack in our family for over a year, it adds perspective on the celebration of Christmas and the meaning. We were watching Music and the Spoken Word yesterday morning. They were singing a Christmas song and Jack was playing in the corner with a laptop sleeve. He kept trying to put it on his head and then he would pull it off really fast and smile at us. It was his own little game and he was just getting the biggest kick out of it. I thought about my little boy on the floor playing the how we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. I was overcome with this great amount of love for my son and empathy for Christ's mother, Mary.
At church later on that day we had our Christmas program. One of the talks was on Joseph's perspective, raising the literal Son of God and the love and responsibility it would take. I think Joseph was a great man. He had a lot of options when Mary became pregnant but he listened to the spirit and took on the responsibility of taking care Christ and Mary. The other message was on Mary. Now that I have Jack, everything seems different. I understand how Mary must have loved her new baby boy. As a mother you want to give your child the best of everything. You want them to have the best family life, the best environment to grow up in, the best education, the best food and the best kind of friends. I cannot imagine how that was compounded for Mary and Joseph, knowing who this little boy was and what his mission was on earth.
I am so thankful that I have my son, Jack. I love him more and more each day. I am also so thankful for this Christmas season. What a blessing it is to know that God loves us and sent us His Son, Jesus Christ, so that we can return home. I love Christmas, it's good to remember the important, eternal things in life.

Merry Christmas!



Mary's Lullaby

All mine in your loveliness baby, all mine.
All mine in your holiness baby divine.
Sing on herald angels in chorus sublime;
Sing on and adore, for tonight you are mine.

The wise men are coming to worship their King,
The shepherds are kneeling their homage to bring.
Out yonder the star over Judah will keep.
No harm will befall thee, then sleep baby sleep.

O let me enfold thee, my baby tonight,
While legions are singing in joyous delight.
A new star has risen to hail thee divine,
For you are a king, but tonight you are mine.

Away spectered future of sorrow and plight,
Away to the years that must follow tonight.
The pangs of Gethsemane, let them be dim,
The red drops on Calvary, not Lord, for Him!

O let me enfold thee, my baby tonight,
While legions are singing in joyous delight.
A new star has risen to hail thee divine,
For you are a king, but tonight you are mine.

Sing on herald angels in chorus sublime;
Sing on and adore, for tonight you are mine.





No comments: