Sep 27, 2010

11 months

My son is 11 months old and he'll be ONE this month. It is unbelievable. Lately he has been trying to walk, it's very cute to watch. Truthfully I'm glad he can't yet, that would make him too grown up. Jack is such a sweetheart and he loves to play. He likes hide and seek, especially when his dad plays with him. He can kind of wave at people, he blows bubbles and is very VERY good at putting things in his mouth. He likes to stand and cruise around the house. He LOVES getting tickled and getting kisses. His aunt Tonie got him a little truck the other day and he loves playing with it. Jack loves anything with wheels, especially strollers and it doesn't matter if there are babies in the stroller, he will start pushing it. Jack loves to climb much to my terror and will attempt to climb up anything or anyone. He is learning to do pull-ups and can grab the bar when we put him in front of it. He also loves to cross his ankles and it just cracks me up. If he were a girl he would already know how to sit in a dress! He sings and babbles all day and laughs so much. He is a sweet boy and we love him dearly. I cannot wait for him to start talking because I know he'll have some funny stuff to say.

Things have been good on the home front. Kyle still fixes computers at BYU. I'm so glad he has a job that he loves to do. It really makes a difference. I am at home with Jack all day. It's a little difficult to find things to do sometimes, especially lately cuz it's been raining. Sometimes I go crazy with cleaning and it's not like I'm cleaning the whole house but its the weird things like all the kitchen cabinet knobs have to be shiny or some other detail. Yesterday, I cleaned all the hard water spots and calcium buildup off our bathroom window which is in the shower. It was surprisingly easy. I don't think I have written about it yet but I LOVE VINEGAR. It is this wonder product. It cleans AND disinfects everything and I don't have to worry about Jack getting into it or inhaling fumes cuz you can put in on a salad as well. That's what I used to get the water spots off. It works almost like magic. I also deodorizes which is great in the kitchen. My other staple cleaning products are Borax and Simple Green. Borax makes chrome all sparkly and it's kind of like oxyclean in that it softens water and helps laundry detergents work better. Simple Green degreases and it's fabulous but I really hate the smell. Anyways, those are my cleaning tips-btw, vinegar is INCREDIBLY cheap which is a huge plus.

Lately Jack has had diaper rash. I think that is worse than him getting shots. Kyle and I hate changing his diaper (well more than usual) because he would just cry and cry. It was really sad. I have come to adore Desitin though. I bought the extra strength stuff. It works miracles. We had been using the bordeaux's butt paste but ran out so I decided to give desitin a try. It coats a lot better and it has a higher amount of the zinc oxide. I don't like the smell but I can live with that if my baby is happy.

I bought a bread machine today at DI. It was 15 dollars so I thought why not, right? We go through a lot of bread and we like to make pizzas and rolls and this makes dough as well. So my first loaf just finished and I'm anxious to try it out. It didn't rise as much as I thought it would but it's got wheat in it and that can change things a bit. I'm crossing my fingers that it will taste good.

So that's about all that is going on in the Brown house lately. We got to watch General Conference this last weekend and it was wonderful. This is the first time in a long time I have stayed awake during ALL the sessions. I was very impressed with myself. Of course, I still didn't hear all of it because our little rugrat was running around everywhere. But, it was nice to watch it with my family.

Here's our photo shoot in the front yard.








2 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow!! He is getting so big! I can't believe how much older he looks! LOVE the pictures!! And the video was darling. Jack, you are a cutie pie :)

Jessica said...

He is a cutie. Are you guys living where the Bennions used to live?